- Be familiar with goals and objectives of the Development Department and the Golden State Division.
- Support and dedication to mission of The Salvation Army.
- Understand and be able to explain functions of The Salvation Army structure and planned giving fundraising techniques.
- Provide administrative and project management support to Planned Giving Directors as assigned.
- Reply to general correspondence as needed, as well as field phone calls made to the Planned Giving Department.
- Pass on all Planned Giving leads to appropriate PGD.
- Maintain appropriate donor files and data base (s) as required by Planned Giving Directors.
- Ensure accuracy and up to date records are maintain on all donors, especially in Portfolio.
- Send out weekly thank you cards to key donors as notated in the "Weekly Major Gifts Report," according to each PGD's instructions.
- Create birthday cards, verify birthdays, and send out monthly birthday cards in collaboration with Divisional Graphics Specialist, and coordinate mass uploads for these communications in partnership with Database Manager.
- Ensure donations are promptly recorded, coded and notified to Donor Stewardship for inclusion on the Divisional centralized donor database.
- Coordinate mass mailing efforts in collaboration with key stakeholders, include PGDs, THQ, and mail vendors, in accordance with the annual Forecast and Marketing Plans (FMPs).
- Assist in completing Completed Gift Reports (CGRs) in Portfolio, as needed.
- Pull basic reports from Portfolio.
- Assist in preparation and implementation of Mass Uploads for all mass communications, in coordination with Database Manager.
- Send out donation acknowledgement letters for IRA gifts.
- Enter "Tracks" in Portfolio for DRD and Director of Development.
- Send out mailings for PGDs, DRD, and Director of Development, as needed.
- Assist in scheduling appointments for PGDs, DRD, and Director of Development, as needed.
- Complete personal and corporate expense reports for PGDs, DRD, and Director of Development.
- Order supplies for the PGDs, DRD, Director of Development, and Development Department, as needed (eg. business cards, envelopes, mugs, pens, etc.)
- Process all invoices received for the Planned Giving Department.
- Update Portfolio records as needed (eg. stopping mail, changing activity status, etc.)
- Help open mail and process check donations received by mail.
- Work with Development team when required on the planning and execution of special events and other marketing projects as assigned.
- Associates Degree preferred, Bachelor's Degree a plus.
- Two years experience (preferred) as Administrative Assistant or related position.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to take initiative and work independently.
- Capable of maintaining a high level of integrity and confidentiality
- Provide direct support for donor recognition
- Capable of handling and controlling multiple projects in a quick pace environment
- Demonstrate strong professional judgement and demeanor.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Computer literate, preferably in Windows environment (Microsoft Office), Desktop Publishing preferred (HTML and Photoshop a plus). Must be fluent in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Enthusiastic team player.
- Knowledge of Salvation Army practices, policies, and organization desirable.
Modern Office Equipment.
Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
Ability to lift up to 25 lbs (Usually file boxes)
Benefits Offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Generous amount of Paid Holidays off, Employer Paid Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid vacation, Sick time, Flex Spending, Commuter Benefits, Metlaw Legal, Employee Assistance Program and more.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/People with Disabilities.