About this Job
BRAYN is looking for a new BRAYNiac! Interested in joining our dynamic team?
BRAYN Consulting LLC is a consulting firm that supports CPA firms and their clients in taking full advantage of specialty tax credits and incentives. We are currently a small firm but growing at a fast pace and we need high quality talent. We serve primarily closely-held, mid-sized companies that allows our partners and staff to experience a penumbra of issues, challenges and opportunities than those afforded by Big-4 or Top 10 Accounting Firm.
BRAYN will be the preeminent specialty tax incentives firm by harnessing technology, emotional intelligence, and experience to optimize value for clients and BRAYNiacs alike.
Job Title:Tax Consultant - Remote
Summary: Tax Consultant will assist tax managers and partners with limited supervision in assisting with and completing tax incentive studies for a variety of clients
* Complete studies for the R&D tax credit, as well as other specialty incentives as needed
* Obtain and analyze client data using Excel models,
* Write detailed reports and narratives,
* Research, understand, and analyze many internal revenue codes, treasury regulations, tax court cases, and other cases
* Document, review, and assemble comprehensive work product for review by IRS and FTB examiners
* Perform site visits for clients as needed around the country
* Interview clients in-person, over the phone, and via e-mail
* Work remotely from home office
* Communicate and interact directly with clients, CPAs, administrative staff, partners, and CEO about project status, etc.
Skills & Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Law or related field required
* Previous experience with R&D tax credit projects in quantification and documentation preferred
* Some travel required(about 10% of work time traveling)
* Time management and attention to detail
* Ability to prioritize and multi-task on a variety of tasks and projects
* Clear written and verbal communication skills, strong documentation skills
* Strong client interaction skills
* Self-starter, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude and a good sense of humor
* Must have reliable transportation and secure work location
* Huge room for growth and advancement
* Learn to perform studies for a variety of tax incentives, such as the R&D tax credit, 179D Deduction, 45L, Cost Segregation, and more
* Work with an experienced, close-knit team that emphasizes work-life balance and personal growth and development
* Work from home, flexible schedule
* 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance available
* Permissive bonuses
* Salary commensurate with experience
Interested? Please e-mail your resume to Jacqueline Valle at firstname.lastname@example.org
About BRAYN Consulting LLC.
BRAYN Consulting, LLC is a niche consulting firm that guides businesses to greater value through tax credits and incentives. BRAYN Consulting LLC is not a CPA firm, finance, tax, law, or engineering firm, and nothing contained herein can be construed as legal, financial, accounting, tax, or engineering advice. IRS Circular 230 Disclosure - To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any U.S. tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code, or (ii) promoting, marketing, or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.