M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence. We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 4,500 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure, and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
Our team provides a full-service solution for mechanical equipment and systems maintenance and installation. Our mission-critical services will meet our customer's needs whether they are using a full-service, monthly, or quarterly based service contract. Our customers consist of mostly government-based facilities but also include privately-owned and commercially operated businesses.
Preventive and Corrective Maintenance:
- Air Cooled Chillers
- Air Handling Units
- Cooling Towers
- Data Center Cooling
- Exhaust and Filtration
- Heat Exchangers
- Heat Pumps
- Piping repairs
- Rooftop Units
- Variable Air Volume Systems
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
- Walk-in Coolers and Freezers
- AC Unit installs
- Air-cooled chiller installation
- Boiler overhauls and replacements
- Commercial water heater installation
- Pump rebuilds and installation - water cooled and direct expansion.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Must have holistic understanding of mechanical equipment and HVAC design in commercial and industrial environments
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Five years of commercial HVAC experience as a truck-based service technician
- Current CFC/EPA Universal Certification
- Vocational training in HVAC or current Journeymen's license holder
- HVAC OEM factory training or experience in Trane, Liebert, Stultz, and other major HVAC brands
- Possession of a valid driver's license and ability to adhere to M.C. Dean's vehicle policies.
- Strong understanding of proper machines and tools related to HVAC service or installation - this includes their proper maintenance
- Utilizes hand tools and test equipment to perform work
- Timely production of work documentation daily including maintenance reports, service tickets, and daily safety briefings.
- Must be able to perform repeated bending & lifting of up to 100 lbs. during certain procedures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, in the English language
- Candidate must be willing to work nights & weekends when necessary - may require limited overnight travel at company expense
- Ability to travel outside of normal working areas on occasion
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft software applications
- Ability to work independently and resourcefully
- 24/7 availability when on-call
- Expertise in troubleshooting granular issues down to the component level on equipment such as boilers, chillers, AHU's, VAV's, heat pumps, and CRAC units
- Ability to read and comprehend mechanical systems, drawings, schematics and plans.
- Liebert HVAC systems
- Excellent customer-relation skills
- Ability to provide necessary pro-active recommendations to clients
- Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
- Relocates a 12 foot stepladder without assistance.
- Works at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders.
- Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls and reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
- Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see in color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
- May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools.
- Tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- See details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.