About Us: EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Project Manager- Germantown, MD
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services is seeking a Project Manager to manage the EGS contract with the Department of Energy at the Germantown, Maryland location.
This position involves planning, organizing, coordinating, directing and controlling IDIQ contract functions between EGS and the Department of Energy covering over one Million SQFT at the Germantown Complex. The incumbent is responsible for interfacing with the customer to determine facility project priorities and to synchronize the IDIQ effort with the government's long term working capital improvement plan. Oversees the IDIQ budget, supervision of sub-contract and in-house project personnel, supervision of new construction and remodeling of facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and stewards the portfolio of projects for the Germantown site from development of project Statement of Work, preparing project estimate, scheduling site visits with subcontractors, and inspection of work.
- Fully responsible for the successful completion of all aspects of the assigned IDIQ task order between EGS and the Department of Energy.
- Prepares quarterly financial forecasts and monthly updates for reimbursable projects. Ensures that the contract is managed in a manner that meets all contractual requirements and EGS financial goals.
- Manages the overall operations of all IDIQ contracts, including: the performance of daily IDIQ Project operations and IDIQ construction and renovations;
- Evaluate and insures the efficient operation of each IDIQ project, controlling operational expenses at a minimum level which is consistent with sound maintenance practices and contractual requirements.
- Provide administrative and technical direction and supervision to staff and/or subcontractors in completing work assignments.
- Supervise the negotiation and bids for IDIQ construction and renovation contracts; and administer such contracts.
- In consultation with the Executive Director of Operations make recommendations concerning the hiring of subcontractors.
- Advise, discuss and inform Department of Energy Facilities Staff members on IDIQ matters and problem areas.
- Coordinates purchase of necessary supplies, equipment and services from appropriate sources and maintains proper inventory control, required for IDIQ projects
- Maintains liaison with architects, engineers and contractors/ subcontractors engaged in plant expansion, renovation, or other major projects.
- Maintains sufficient records, files, controls, procedures to insure management and work production.
- Develop training sessions for employees who require them.
- Maintains a strong safety program
- Ensures that all administrative requirements follow the EGS Business System.
The individual must be able to walk throughout a large facility to include climbing stairs and walking on catwalks.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer - Veteran / Disabled