SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
STRUCTURES TECHNICIAN (STAGE 1 & STAGE 2)
- Modify, repair, assemble, and install the rocket
- Drill, ream, and countersink holes in proper sequence and to correct size using hand and self-feed drill motors
- Apply sealant, alodine, primer, adhesives and other special finishes
- Install fasteners in proper sequence per drawing, using correct tools (e.g., rivet gun and bucking bar, drill motor, power screwdriver, C-squeeze, ratchet wrench, nut runner)
- Self-check work after completion using QA instruments to ensure it is complete per drawing
- Handle and dispose of hazardous materials in approved manner
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of experience using basic mechanical and/or electronics hand tools
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience gained through the military or within an aviation manufacturing company
- High-volume manufacturing experience
- Experience with drilling, reaming, honing and countersinking straight and close tolerance holes
- Experience using various types of hand tools and/or hand-held power tools, floor-mounted power tools and precision measuring tools on structures materials
- Ability to perform work assignments according to written work instructions
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime and/or weekends as needed. Nominal hours - 1st shift: 5 AM - 3:30 PM, 2nd shift: 3:30 PM - 2 AM
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs unassisted
- Able to climb ladders and work in tight spaces
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR .
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.