Located in Walnut, MS.
- Job title
- Contract Type
- Publication date
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company's activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide's ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Entity and activity description
Air Liquide is helping to draw the contours of the energies of tomorrow and seeks to introduce scientific and technological innovations into society that will open up new markets while addressing today's economic and environmental challenges.
In a world where energy needs and sources are changing rapidly, the ability to transform organic resources into renewable and totally carbon-free energy is poised to become part of the new energy mix. The energy produced in this way offers the advantage of being easy to store and responsive to the need for sustainable heating and clean transportation in modern societies.
To this end, the Air Liquide Biogas team embodies the ambition of the Air Liquide group, developing global solutions for biomethane upgrading. We are present across the biomethane supply chain: production from organic and farm wastes, purification, liquefaction, packaging, transportation and distribution. Using Air Liquide's innovative membrane technology, we are able to separate methane and carbon dioxide to generate high quality biomethane.
With over 50 biogas sites worldwide and more than 100 years of experience in gas separation, Air Liquide is in a position to provide clean energy solutions for power and transportation to our customers and the community.
- Responsible for daily maintenance and operations of Air Liquide Biogas facility
- Demonstrate leadership in process and operational safety at all times, and demand that of others, including other plant personnel, visitors, contractors
- Maintain gas collection system to safely and cost-effectively maximize both the quantity and quality of biogas for processing
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance tasks as required including equipment calibrations, equipment PM, and electrical and instrumentation troubleshooting
- Working with the Plant Manager, identify equipment and process deviations and perform corrective actions
- Complete maintenance logs consistent with facility operating plan
- Plan utilization of production facilities to improve efficiency of operations
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly plant appearance
- Maintain facility materials and spare parts inventory
- Ability to work well with others; Interface with landfill (biogas source) operating team to support good relations and coordinate efforts
- Make suggestions to improve plant safety, operational efficiency and/or product quality
- Wear proper/required PPE in work areas at all times
- Serve as a safety role model; promote a high level of safety awareness; adhere to and support the continuous improvement of all safety practices / procedures.
- Install, maintain and repair electrical and control wiring
- Read technical diagrams and blueprints
- Perform general electrical maintenance
- Troubleshoot electrical issues using appropriate of testing devices
- Repair and replace equipment and small gauge electrical wiring
- Good knowledge of various test equipment
NOTE: US MILITARY VETERANS ARE INVITED TO APPLY!!
Qualifications & Competencies
- High school diploma or GED
- Strong command of English language, verbal and written
- 2+ years of related industrial operations experience
- Ability and willingness to be on-call, and work holidays and weekends, as required
- Exhibits knowledge of electro-mechanical systems, machine repair and operation
- Capable of gaining understanding of governmental regulations including environmental permitting/compliance, loading /quality assurance, basic electricity, national/local operating procedures, CMMS, maintenance management process, all HSE issues associated with the facility
- Associates Degree in a technical field or technical training
- Military technical training and/or experience
This position is identified as "safety-sensitive" and is subject to random drug testing in accordance with the current Drug and Alcohol Policy and/or state law.
The candidate must have valid unrestricted employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future.