|Type||Full Time Regular|
|Additional Information||This position is on a federal AbilityOne contract that requires that most of the work hours are performed by employees with disabilities. Due to program requirements, this particular position needs to be filled by a person with a disability|
|Referral Bonus Eligible?||Yes|
Job: Grounds Maintenance Laborer
Job Code: K12 - CB-Laborer Grounds Main
SCA Occup: 11210 Laborer, Grounds Maintenance
Salary Grade: Federal Wage Determination or Collective Bargaining Agreement
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approval Date: March 2017
Under close supervision, Grounds Maintenance Laborer/Gardener maintains landscaped areas, roads, and parking lots of assigned facilities. Employees in this job perform work to assure grounds are maintained in safe and pristine condition. This job class requires knowledge of landscaping practices, procedures, supplies and equipment and the ability to perform landscaping job functions in a safe and timely manner.
1. *Mows lawns with walking-types or riding mowers. Aerates and removes thatch.
2. *Uses a weed eater, and pulls weeds and maintains flower beds.
3. *Uses a blower and manually picks up trash, leaves, limbs, and provides a clean and neat appearance of the grounds.
4. *Trims hedges and shrubs, edges around walks, flower beds, buildings and walls using hedge trimmers, clippers, and edging tools to maintain overall appearance of landscape vegetation and grounds.
5. *Prunes shrubs and trees using shears and saws.
6. *Monitors equipment used and reports any malfunction or other issues.
7. Travel between facilities and work locations may be required.
8. May monitor and maintain irrigation systems to ensure that vegetation is properly irrigated.
9. May apply fertilizer, weed killer, and necessary pesticides.
10. May be required to drive company pick-up or small dump truck.
11. May complete basic paperwork and calculate materials and time.
12. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned. May include snow removal, surface salting, and repair of roads, walks, buildings, and mechanical equipment. May clean comfort stations, offices workshop areas, and parking lots by sweeping, washing, mopping and polishing.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
* One year of work experience in grounds maintenance, or knowledge of grounds maintenance standards, techniques and materials;
* Proper use of PPE;
* Ability to identify and work safely with appropriate manual and power tools, mechanical and electrical equipment, to the task assigned;
* Ability to manage and accurately track material resources and time, and adapt to changing work priorities;
* Ability to be flexible due to change of schedule, work duration and tasks;
* Communicate and work collaboratively and professionally on a team with various skill levels, and of various ethnic, religious, cultural and other backgrounds, and demonstrate good customer service skills.
High School Diploma or GED
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Valid Driver's License
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
* Standing and walking
* Maneuvering around equipment
* Bending, kneeling, squatting, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling and shoveling
* Lifting of equipment up to 50 pounds
* Pushing or pulling equipment weighing up to 75 pounds
* Carrying a 20-pound backpack blower
Work is performed at a customer's location on job sites in a construction environment with various tools, and mechanical, electrical and construction equipment. Transporting to work locations within the site. At times, may be required to work in confined spaces. Employees may be exposed to hazardous equipment, toxic substances, noise from equipment, and depending on external weather conditions, wind, rain, cold, and heat. Travel between facilities and work locations may be required.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor's instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.