Nature and Scope
The Training Development Manager will be principally responsible for building training and development curriculum which will facilitate clinical education, detailed product knowledge, soft skills and business acumen training sessions for American Regent. This will include training and development needs for the company. This position will also serve as the conduit between Marketing and Sales by translating and communicating brand strategies to sales personnel through multiple training mediums, while adhering to regulatory guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Develop, design, and manage sales training and curriculum design for branded products within four commercial business units - and coordinate the delivery / execution of these programs
- Standardize, as much as possible, training programs across divisions
- Develop and Facilitate trainings throughout the organization including but not limited to Professional Development and Orientation programs
- Serve as a Training Mentor to identified areas
- Develop standardized onboarding process for all new-hires
- Manage the development of all levels of training targeted toward existing and new product launches
- Manage the development of all levels of training targeted toward new hires and existing hires
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the training programs
- Evaluates trainee performance and keeps management informed of progress
- Work with Marketing to ensure alignment of training programs with product strategy
- Work with Sales Directors to ensure fulfillment of divisional sales training needs
- Work with Regional Trainers from each division to develop special training initiatives for their respective divisions
- Maintain consistency with Medical, Legal and Regulatory standards
- Prioritizes projects based on strategic importance to the organization
- Training formats should include a variety of delivery methods, including oral, written, online, audio and video
- Evaluates/recommends outside vendor training resources and programs
- Continually assess the training and development needs for the field force to ensure and maintain the effectiveness and compliance of the sales force in each division
Education Requirements and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelors Degree, preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years' of corporate pharmaceutical sales training experience including content development & facilitation.
- Knowledge of medical and managed care environments.
- Strong organizational, analytical and project management skills.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and excel in a matrix-style organization.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute in ambiguous circumstances under short time lines.
American Regent celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
American Regent Inc. endeavors to make accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact John Rossini, Talent Acquisition Director at 631-690-7201 or email at HRTalentAcquisition@americanregent.com