Tris Pharma, Inc. (www.trispharma.com) is a rapidly growing, technology-driven pharmaceutical company engaged in branded and generic product development. Located in Monmouth Junction, New Jersey, Tris has an immediate opening for (Associate) Quality Control (QC) Analytical Chemist.
The (Associate) Quality Control (QC) Analytical Chemist performs analytical testing of raw materials, packaging components, in-process (IP), finished product (FP), and/or stability samples (ST). She/he is also responsible for following Analytical Methods, current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), Protocols, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and company policies, collaborates closely with and under the direct supervision of Senior QC Analytical Chemists, Team Leads, and QC Managers. The incumbent carries out laboratory work to support QC activities and performs special projects as assigned.
* Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, SOPs, and state, federal and local laws
* Performs testing of raw materials, IP, FP and/or ST samples including dissolution, assay, content/blend uniformity, particle size distribution, and other tests according to the analytical methods, United States Pharmacopeia (USP) procedures in a regulated laboratory environment
* Analyzes and interprets test results
* Operates general analytical instruments during raw material, IP and FP testing such as High-Pressure Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Ultra Violet visible spectroscopy (UV/Vis), Automatic Titration, Infra-Red Spectroscopy (IR), Atomic Absorption (AA), Thin Layer Chromatography (TLC) and Dissolution apparatus (distek)
* Assists with the identification and troubleshooting of problems with instrumentation and analytical preparations
* Meets project deadlines and performance standards as assigned
* Complies with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations
* Adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Good Documentation Practices (GDPs)
Bachelors degree in Chemistry or related scientific field AND 0-3 years lab experience in a cGMP related industry for an Associate Analytical Chemist OR Bachelors degree in Chemistry or related scientific field AND 2 - 8 years lab experience in a cGMP related industry for an Analytical Chemist. Job title and level determination will be commensurate with experience.
* Hands-on experience with analytical instrumentation (UV, IR, HPLC, and/or dissolution instruments) in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or academic setting REQUIRED
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office REQUIRED
* Ability and willingness to work additional hours as required by business needs REQUIRED
Tris Pharma, Inc. offers a highly competitive compensation package. To build and enhance our diverse workforce, we encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women, etc. Tris Pharma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-DNI