Best People + Right Culture. These are the driving forces behind JE Dunn's success.
By hiring inspired people, giving them interesting and challenging work, enabling them with innovative tools, and letting them share in the company's rewards, we've found a sustainable way to grow in our industry for the last 90+ years.
Our diverse teams around the country strive to enrich lives through inspired people and places every day, and we need inspired people like you to join us in our pursuit of building perfection.
JE Dunn Construction is seeking a Frontline Training Manager reporting to VP Learning Delivery. This role will be dedicated and focused on providing top-quality support for the coordination and seamless delivery of frontline training programs for our Trade Foreman, Superintendents, and other training programs for our project team members. The training manager will manage training delivery including administration, logistics, and oversight of the process in support of the growth and development of field teams. The training sessions will be deployed across our offices. Training schedule will vary and will require up to 50% travel. All activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision, and values of JE Dunn.
- Autonomy & Decision-Making: Makes most decision and consults with supervisor as needed.
- Career Path: Senior Learning and Development Manager.
Key Role Responsibilities - Core
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT FAMILY - CORE
- Administer and manage frontline training for new and existing employees.
- Scheduling and cordination of onsite, and virtual training related activities and update the training calendar.
- Facilitate training delivery with Leaders as Teachers as appropriate.
- Perform field evaluation of employees and ensure mastery of skills taught during training.
- Conduct trainings as appropriate in various locations to include both field and office environments.
- Monitor, evaluate and record training delivery as well as communicating when trainings are due based on curriculum mapping requirements.
- Present information using different techniques such as lecture, group discussions, role playing to enage participation of employees.
- Provide participation feedback and partner with the learning design team to deliver/iterate best-in-class learning experiences.
- Oversees training, teaching and coaching a large variety and/or more complex courses
- Perform needs analysis with supervisors and employees to determine performance gaps and missed opportunities related to specific roles.
- Completes methodology analysis and recommendations for senior leadership.
- Implement recommendations for class participants, timing and courses for various functions in the business.
- Supports the Learning and Development Director on delivering and deploying overall strategy.
- May be responsible for managing Learning and Development Specialists.
- Responsible for owning the training materials including developing, improving, maintaining and finding new materials.
- Monitor and evaluate training program's effectiveness.
- Resolve any specific problems and tailor training programs as necessary
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices.
Key Role Responsibilities - Additional Core
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work independntly.
- Excellent communication skills, writing skills, and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner.
- Communication skills, verbal and written (Advanced).
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Organizational skills.
- Listening skills.
- Knowledge of adult learning strategy (Advanced).
- Ability to facilitate meetings and build consensus in a classroom and virtual setting.
- Ability to conduct effective presentations (Advanced).
- Ability to coach others.
- Ability to quickly and effectively solve complex problems.
- Ability to deliver quality through attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to be proactive and resourceful.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to adapt and respond to dynamic situations.
- Ability to read a situation and make sound assessments and recommendations.
- Ability to rely on a heightened sense of organizational awareness.
- Ability to speak confidently in large groups with executive presence.
- Ability to multitask (teach, read chats, take notes etc.) and be comfortable while working in a fast-paced, ever-changing, high energy environment.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, internally and externally.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, instructional design or related field (Required).
- Associate certificate in instructional design certificate/degree (preferred).
- In lieu of the above requirements, relevant experience will be considered.
- 8+ years' experience in learning and development (Preferred).
- 5+ years' experience in building construction (Preferred).
- 5+ years' experience in meeting or group facilitation (Preferred).
- Spanish speaking as a 2nd language (Preferred).
- Continuous education and training will be required to stay up to date on industry trends and standards.
- Union experience (Preferred).
- AEC experience (Preferred).
JE Dunn Construction is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. JE Dunn Construction is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
JE Dunn provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please submit your request to
JE Dunn Construction Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of JE Dunn Construction without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of JE Dunn Construction Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.