Under direct supervision, builders are responsible for the efficient assembly and manual plating of individual trusses in accordance with blueprints within the time frame determined by the supervisor and in keeping with the Quality Standards for roof & floor trusses and wall panels.
- Read and understand set-up sheets provided by shift supervisor
- Position metal plates that sustain the roof and floor trusses
- Insert metal plates on wood pieces
- Verify lumber accuracy with sheets
- Verify truss set up is accurate
- Perform daily operator work area maintenance at the end of shift
- Mark individual trusses when required
- Train new associates.
- Able to read and write in their primary language.
- Able to stand for long periods of time,
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodations
- Able to read or able to learn to read a set up sheet.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training.
- Previous carpentry or assembly experience (preferred).
No previous experience is required for this position. We offer a very robust training program that will guarantee all new associates to succeed in their training.
Semi annual and yearly increases as well as monthly bonuses available.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability