EMCOR Services Combustioneer is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Founded in 1929, Combustioneer offers complete mechanical contracting services from engineering, design, installation and service to HVAC, plumbing, process piping systems, refrigeration and building automation for commercial, institutional and industrial clients.
Job Title: Payroll & HR Coordinator
Job Summary:EMCOR Services Combustioneer has an immediate opening for a Payroll/ HR Coordinator in Lanham, Maryland. This position will be responsible for coordinating payroll for up to 100 employees as well as HR and administrative functions. The Payroll/HR Coordinator will report directly to the CFO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate weekly payroll processing between operations and payroll departments; review payroll reports and make / request corrections as needed; maintain accurate filing systems for all payroll records.
- Process office employees' timesheets.
- Prepare monthly reports for the local union benefit payments; serve as a point of contact for local union matters including union audits; research discrepancies, maintain updates, etc.
- Prepare standard month end report packages for accounting entries and corporate financial reporting.
- Prepare and submit certified payroll reports for the Davis Bacon jobs.
- Manage vacation / PTO accruals; review and report on vacation / PTO balances.
- Prepare standard and ad hoc reports for management, as required.
- Serve as a point of contact for payroll related questions for all employees; perform research as needed.
- Assist with internal and external audits.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Coordinate human resource activities and data entry to include employment, compensation, benefits, training and development.
- Maintain office postings as advised by HR Department.
- Assist with the Recruitment Process.
- Coordinate new employee orientations
- Maintain, update and safeguard employee files; collect new hire paperwork; process I-9 verifications.
- Provide assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures and documentation.
- Assist with the administration of collective bargaining agreements, inclusive of discipline and discharge.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Manage office equipment and systems including phones, mail, security, building access, network printers / copiers.
- Manage the budget for office expenses, order office supplies; manage vendor relationships.
- Coordinate company events.
- Greet guests.
- Maintain professional and organized office appearance, manage cleaning and maintenance schedules.
- Provide overall support to management team, as required.
Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university desired; and three to five years of related payroll, and office management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Three to Five (3-5) years in a payroll / HR /office management function; Microsoft Office and ERP system experience required.
- Experience in Human Resource administration
- Experience in Employee relations
Outstanding communication and multitasking skills required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel required (including light data modeling and formulas).
- Strong written and verbal communication, self-motivated and interpersonal skills.
- Must have extreme attention to detail, experience handling sensitive and confidential data, superior organizational skills and multitasking ability to meet overlapping deadlines.
- Highly motivated with ability to adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have professional and welcoming attitude and experience managing a processional office.
- Previous experience with Union payroll, and Mechanical Services / Construction or similar industry desired.
- Experience in a Mechanical Services / Construction environment focused on Payroll / Office Management is preferred.
EMCOR Services Combustioneer requires all employees who will be required to work onsite, whether regularly or sporadically to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. EMCOR Services Combustioneer is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled