EMCOR Services CES offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term values.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Job Summary: EMCOR Services CES has an immediate need for an Administrative Assistant in Washington, DC. The Administrative Assistant performs and provides site support to Corporate departments, up to, but not limited to, Human Resources, Procurement, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, Safety, Payroll, and provides assistance to the Contract Maintenance Manager. The position requires exceptional organizational and communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Human Resources Site Support:
- Assist Contract Maintenance Manager, with submitting new hire information for processing. Scan and submit new/current employee personnel information (I9, tax forms, benefits, etc.) as needed.
- Create and process Electronic Personnel Action Forms ("ePAF") as instructed by Contract Maintenance Manager for employee new hires and employee information updates (Emergency Contact Information, Change of Address, etc.) as it becomes available.
- Maintain and/or create, as needed, employee Shadow Files to include all required employee certifications and licensing based on the trade. Shadow files are to be secured at all times due to sensitive information.
- Procurement Site Support:
- Order staff uniforms as requested.
- Order electronic devices (purchase/replace cell phones, laptops, etc.), upon Contract Maintenance Manager approval.
- Vehicle/Fleet/Fuel Card - Maintain vehicle records (i.e. monthly and/or annual inspections, etc.). Ensure vehicle registrations are current and schedule maintenance.
- Accounts Receivables Site Support:
- Submit Invoice Billing Request ("IBR") of Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity ("IDIQ") for client billing upon approval from Contract Maintenance Manager on a monthly basis.
- Collect and submit material and subcontractor invoices, coincide with IBR.
- Collect and submit PCard reconciliations, coincide with IBR.
- Accounts Payables Site Support:
- Generate and process Purchase Requisition Forms from Contract Maintenance Manager to the HQ Procurement Department to create a Purchase Order
- Ensure all items ordered are received from vendor in its entirety, confirm delivery with requestor.
- Receive invoices timely, via JD Edwards, ensuring Contract Maintenance Manager reviews/approves for processing.
- Process employee Check Request Forms as it becomes available.
- Safety Site Support:
- New vendor(s) performing site services are to be pre-qualified with EMCOR's Safety Department prior to work being performed. Once approved, collect W9 and Certificate of Insurance ("COI") from vendor to process as new vendor. Provide vendor with site Safety Plan.
- Collect and maintain training records in Shadow Files (i.e. OSHA Training, weekly safety meetings and annual vaccinations, etc.)
- Payroll Site Support:
- Track employee time and attendance for auditing purposes, includes FMLA, if any.
- Track vacation and personal illness available hours with Human Resources (if needed) ensuring employee's availability does not exceed its accrual balance during respective pay periods and/or year.
- Monitor bi-weekly payroll process of site employees into JD Edwards and advise Payroll when submitted.
- Ensure timesheets are signed by employee and Contract Maintenance Manager.
- Site Office:
- Collect and maintain Corporate audits information (timekeeping/payroll, billings - IBR, reimbursable materials, subcontractor invoices, PCard purchases).
- Record annual site staff company training (OSHA, Business Ethics, Workplace Harassment, etc.).
- Run reports (Mainspring, JD Edwards, etc.) as required by Contract Maintenance Manager. Review monthly financial reports with Contract Maintenance Manager to ensure site budget is on target and/or have variance explanation.
- Send and/or deliver EGS invoices to Client for approval and processing
- Basic duties include answering phones, filing, ordering office supplies, maintain inventory of office equipment, etc.
- Other duties assigned as requested/required by Contract Maintenance Manager.
- Work Order Processing
- Familiarity of the client Mainspring CMMS work order system.
- Process preventive maintenance work orders on a monthly basis. Input trades data into the Mainspring database.
- Receives corrective maintenance work requests via phone calls or verbally from staff, clients and tenants. Process the work request into the Mainspring database to include completing the data input
- Run bi-weekly and monthly open work order and completion reports from the Mainspring CMMS or more frequently per the request of the Contract Maintenance Manager and or the client.
- Input new equipment information in the Mainspring CMMS. Update OEM preventive maintenance requirements as needed. Ensure data in all fields are complete and accurate.
- 3-6 years of administrative experience.
- Must be able to pass and maintain a Green Security background investigation.
- Must complete an OSHA 10 General Safety and Health training class (supplied by EMCOR).
- Proficiency with the client provided CMMS.
- JD Edwards One World Accounting software (preferred).
- Microsoft Application software, Outlook, MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee must receive medical shots as required by the Children's National Research and Innovation Center (CNRIC). The annual flu shot, and TB testing are mandatory, but additional shots maybe required as related to the employee's position and the client Green Security requirements.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee will be in an office environment.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled.