As the multi-specialty group practice for the faculty of the University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Minnesota Physicians has more than 950 physicians and 1,600 health professionals, providing clinical care in over 100 specialty and sub-specialty areas. Our mission is three-fold: delivering exceptional patient care, advancing medicine through research, and training the next generation of health professionals.The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Minnesota Faculty of Medicine is recruiting for a full-time pediatric pulmonologist at the rank of assistant or associate professor.About the Department:The mission of the Department of Pediatrics is to generate new knowledge through research, to apply this new knowledge to the highest quality health care for the prevention and treatment of illness in children, and to provide the best possible education of the next generation of medical students, physicians, and other health professionals in childhood disease prevention, treatment, research, and advocacy. Through this mission the Department seeks to improve the lives of children in our community, nation, and the world.About the Appointment:
- Provide clinical care to pulmonary patients. Clinical service will encompass outpatient clinics (including outreach work) and inpatient attending, including inpatient consultations at the M Health Fairview University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital (UMMCH) as well as community outreach at Fairview hospitals.
- Teach to a variety of learners, including medical students, residents and fellows; within the classroom, small groups and lectures, as well as in the delivery of clinical care.
- Research pursuit(s) in an area of interest to candidate strongly encouraged/recommended. Time devoted to research will be apportioned based upon expertise and funding.
About the Division of Pulmonology & Sleep MedicineThe 212-bed UMMCH receives tertiary referrals from throughout the state. The Division of Pulmonology & Sleep Medicine has a current complement of 4 clinically active faculty members, 1 nurse practitioners, 1 social workers, 1 dedicated nutritionist, and 1 respiratory therapist. The Division has an ACGME-accredited fellowship program. Diagnostic services include expanding pulmonary function and exercise laboratories and flexible bronchoscopy program. There are active programs in cystic fibrosis (including a fully accredited CF Center, multicenter clinical trial participation via a Therapeutics Development Center, and investigator-initiated research through internally and externally funded grants), neuromuscular, tracheostomy and ventilator dependent, children. We collaborate closely with Neonatology during discharge planning for technology dependent children. Our Sleep Medicine Program includes a sleep lab. We collaborate with our Pediatric Cardiology brethren in managing patients with pulmonary hypertension, and plans for establishing a multidisciplinary aerodigestive clinic are underway.Benefits:Information about benefits of working at the University of Minnesota and University of Minnesota Physicians can be found at https://humanresources.umn.edu/benefits & https://mphysicians.org/careers.M Health and Clinical Partnerships:University of Minnesota Physicians providers practice at affiliated locations under the University of Minnesota Health (M Health) shared care delivery system. M Health represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to create a nationally renowned academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC):The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.Community Information:University of Minnesota is based in the beautiful Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area, ranked as the #6 best place to live in America by U.S. News & World Report in 2019. For more information about the vibrant culture, community, and recreation that Minneapolis-St. Paul has to offer, please click on the links below.Greater Minneapolis - St. Paul Metropolitan AreaU.S. News & World Report RankingExplore MinnesotaMinnesota Department of EducationEEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.
- Applicants should have fellowship training in pulmonology and be board certified in pediatric pulmonology.
- M.D. or equivalent, completion of U.S. pediatric residency and pulmonology fellowship program are prerequisites.
- Board certified and/or board eligible in Pediatric Pulmonology
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure
- Ability to obtain/maintain DEA certification in the State of Minnesota
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges
- Ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of VISA category while in the United States.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exception team player skills and priority of patient service
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- The ideal candidate must desire work in an academic medical center, to incorporate teaching to a variety of learners into clinical practice, and a strong interest in research.
- The University has a deep and profound commitment to diversity both as an end in itself but, also as a valuable means for eliminating health disparities. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who foster and promote the values of diversity and inclusion.
M Physicians offerscompetitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
UMPhysicians is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Military Friendly employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, or status as a protected veteran.