EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Senior Contracts Manager
EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a Senior Contracts in Arlington, VA. The Senior Contracts Manager will play an integral role in our Contracts Division and will handle cradle to grave contract lifecycle functions while managing the day-to-day operations of the contract administration group, while supporting a team environment. This position is responsible for making certain all new contracts, renewals/invoices are accurate, in compliance with company policy, as well as statutory regulations, and generated timely within the parameters required for internal and external deadlines. The incumbent will manage a team of contracts administrators to oversee, facilitate, draft, and negotiate contracts in support of the organization. This position is responsible for ensuring that the contract administration team is properly trained and educated on all existing/new regulations, policies & procedures, product information, systems, etc., in order to perform their responsibilities, accurately, efficiently and in a timely manner.
This role reports to the Senior Director of Contracts. The selected candidate will coordinate and perform contract administration on federal, state/local, and commercial contracts and subcontracts for facility management/operations, building repairs, minor construction, and associated services. The role also supports business development staff as may be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage assigned contracts, from initial award and set-up, through close-out.
- Managing the Contract lifecycle, including but not limited to: draft, modification, execution, amendments and renewal of Contracts
- Preparation of subcontract agreements and review of all contract documentation, including master agreements, renewals, amendments, etc. with the appropriate vendor (s).
- With support of the EMCOR Counsel, negotiation of legal terms and review of request for proposal (RFP) with a goal of quality assurance
- Dissemination of contract documents to the appropriate parties, externally and internally
- Maintenance of a centralized file, storage and documentation system for all contract-related documents
- Review and analyze contract documents (award, modifications, delivery/task orders, change orders, etc. for compliance and acceptability. Process for signature.
- Conduct negotiations with client representatives, recommend acceptability of terms to project management
- Prepare and maintain contract summaries and analyses
- Prepare and distribute instructions on contract requirements to project management and other company administrative activities (HR, Accounting, Security, etc.)
- Research and resolve issues which arise during contract performance; coordinate with project management as required
- Analyze and prepare any contract claims, equitable adjustment requests, etc., and coordinate with project management
- Collaborate with client contracting officials and representatives on contractual issues ; coordinate with project management as needed
- Identify, coordinate, and transmit contract deliverables to client officials. Maintain files of deliverable requirements and transmittals
- Identify, coordinate, monitor and/or maintain contract-related reporting requirements for Federal contracts (and other types as needed)
- Prepare, negotiate, and execute subcontracts, including the ability to ensure consistency between prime contract and subcontract requirements
- Assist Director in reviewing and managing accounts receivable (AR) reports, and other billing and financial issues
- Compile and prepare documentation in preparation for contract closures
- Keep current on procurement and contract regulations as codified in FAR and agency supplements
- Maintain contract/subcontract files for individual contracts
- duplication of above. Must be familiar with the System for Award Management (SAM) and its purpose
- Must be familiar with the Contractors Performance Assessment Reporting System (CPARS)
- Review and track certificates of insurance for compliance
Business Development/Proposal Development:
- Contracts does not do any production of proposals. Obtain required documents and provide to the Business Development team to support our proposal efforts.
- Assist in developing Representation and Certifications (Reps. & Certs.) Small and Small-Disadvantaged Business Subcontract Plans as required
- Bachelor's degree (Business or Contract Administration preferable)
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must either currently have a Secret Clearance or be able to obtain a Secret Clearance shortly upon start
- Three to seven years' experience in administration/management of firm fixed price service contracts with Federal governments and associated subcontracts for commercial contractors, in the facility management/building operations industry, including minor construction and repairs. Must also be familiar with management of other contract types- example: cost reimbursement, time and materials, etc.
- Five (5) years on the supervisory experience as preferred
- Strong familiarity with Service Contract Act, Davis Bacon Act, and labor union collective bargaining agreements
- Must have understanding and experience in managing service facility GSA Schedule Contract. Three years' experience is desirable
- Strong experience with Windows, MS Office Suite and accounting systems used in government contract accounting. Familiarity with JDE accounting system is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Understanding of government regulations (FAR and DFARS/other agency supplements) and commercial contracting practices
- Must be familiar with or have a working knowledge of the subcontracting reporting process in the Electronic Subcontracting Report System (eSRS)
- Basic knowledge of accounting, particularly Federal accounting rules
- Ability to work independently from general instructions and broad work expectations
- Ability to successfully interact with senior level partners
- Ability to manage highly diverse contracts
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer - Veteran/Disabled.