EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Construction QA-QC Manager (Temporary)
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate opening for a temporary Construction QA-QC Manager in Washington, DC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Construction manager on project to a successful completion.
- Discuss, plan and delegate major project assignments to supervisory staff.
This position also has a heavy quality and safety role objective as described below:
- Assists the CM in developing the site safety culture by appraising, reviewing and identifying safety risks and inculcating EMCOR safety disciplines.
- Monitor subcontractors staff in various safety disciplines toward achievement of ambitious safe work goals.
- Recommends purchase of safety equipment and evaluating products.
- Responsible for ensuring that the procedures, technical manuals, and contractual requirements are compiled with when performing inspection.
- Monitors all operations for ensuring a safe working environment is established and maintained.
- Documents any corrective actions required when violations of approved practices and procedures are noted and performs follow-up observations when necessary.
- Monitors the management systems for compliance with applicable directives governing recall, maintenance, repairs and inspections of necessary support items such as documentations, calibration of equipment and material handling devices.
- Inspects procedural documentation, technical manuals and other standards and specifications to ensure they are current and all applicable changes have been entered.
- Inspects to ensure material handling devices to be used have been recently tested and certified.
- Performs, witnesses, monitors, and verifies the inspections and tests performed by personnel.
- Provides written technical reports to CM concerning all processing and procedure deficiencies, technical problem, and/or potential problems.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in facility management, project management and supervision with a focus on quality and safe work practices
- OSHA 30 training
- Bachelor's degree preferred and/or equivalent work related experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Word Processing, Excel and Internet experience required
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled.