The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
The National Systems Group serves as the technical adviser to the National Reconnaissance Office and its mission partners involved in the collection and distribution of national and tactical intelligence, including electronics programs, ground and communications, imagery programs, and systems engineering and launch.
We are looking for a Mission Assurance Engineer (Project Engineer/Sr. Project Engineer) to provide Mission Assurance, Space Industrial Base and Supply Chain Engineering expertise for the Enterprise Engineering department within the Systems Engineering & Launch Division.
What You'll Be Doing
- You will provide direct support to the customer's Systems Engineering Directorate's Mission Assurance Executive (MAE).
- Produce market intelligence and supplier assessments for the government for technologies that may require monitoring, R&D or industrial base stimulation
- Identifying concerns and developing solutions on issues regarding trusted microelectronics such as FPGAs and ASICs
- Develop and monitor internal as well as external mitigation projects to address the critical technology needs of the government due to industrial base issues impacting technology availability
- Track and guide programs on parts, software and materials issues due to supplier quality management
What You Need to be Successful
Minimum Requirements for a Project Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, sciences, mathematics, or an appropriate technical discipline
- Minimum 8 or more years relevant experience
- Experience with U.S. space industrial base
- Experience with identifying space critical technologies which ranges from technologies with diminishing suppliers to new technologies that have not been qualified for space use
- Experience with identifying concerns and developing solutions to issues regarding trusted microelectronics such as FPGAs and ASICs
- Familiarity with current and planned national security space and ground systems
- This position requires a current and active TS/SSBI/SCI security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- Travel will be required. This position is located in Chantilly, Virginia.
In addition to the above the Minimum Requirements for a Sr. Project Engineer are:
- 12 or more years of increasingly responsible professional system engineering and/or mission assurance experience
- Understand cybersecurity vulnerabilities in various SW and HW designs
- Experience with developing Program Protection Plans for government programs
- Experience implementing ground and space supply chain policy and artifact development for government programs
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- Experience in interfacing with SMC, NASA, MDA, DLA and/or DCMA on critical technologies for space, supply chain and industrial base issues
- Experience with space-related mission assurance specifications and standards
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law andthe supplement, as well as the.
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, and that produces superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.