About Us: EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Shift Engineer
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services is seeking a Shift Engineer with a Secret Clearance in Northern, Virginia.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for operating and maintaining chillers, boilers, site building systems and associated equipment.
- Required to work rotational shifts, including days, evenings, nights, holidays and weekends as needed.
- Monitor assigned equipment and systems locally and remotely.
- Respond to alarms, and make periodic tours, recording required data in operating logs.
- Perform hourly logs of operating equipment.
- Be familiar with emergency plans and responses.
- Respond to service calls and take corrective action.
- Must have technical knowledge of Building Automation System, Centrifugal Chillers, Air Cooled Chillers, Fire and Water Tube Boilers, Air Handling Units, Variable Air Volume, Fan Coil Unit, and Chemical Treatment.
- Must be familiar with emergency systems including redundancy, isolation, change over, and shut down of all utilities, and mission critical systems.
- Perform other related duties as requested
- Must have EPA - CFC Universal Certification and active HVAC Journeyman or Third Grade Stationary Engineers License in Virginia, Maryland, or the District of Columbia.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be eligible for a security clearance.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)