Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum builds software that helps public affairs professionals work smarter and move faster. Our philosophy is people-first, whether we're supporting team members in their careers or prioritizing our clients with a best-in-class customer success program. Quorum's clients use our tools to bring a modern approach to advocacy work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and more than a dozen countries.
As the Chief Financial Officer, you will report directly to our CEO, Alex Wirth. You will serve on Quorum's Executive Team and be responsible for overseeing Quorum's finance and revenue operations function by providing strategic insight and reporting into the business. You will be responsible for Quorum's annual financial planning, annual budget, monthly reporting, and long term strategic financial relationships.
What You'll Do
- First Week: You'll learn the ins and outs of Quorum's current financial strategy, gain exposure to our systems, and get to know our Assistant Controller, FP&A Analyst, and Accounts Payable Analyst.
- First Month: You will produce high quality monthly reporting for Quorum's board and outside investor Serent Capital with partnership from Quorum's assistant controller and FP&A analyst.
- First Six Months: You will partner with the CEO to run Quorum's annual financial planning and budget process from high level growth goals, to bottom up revenue models, to the line items of department budgets.
- First Year: You will act as a model for setting high-level strategic direction and executing with precision. You will be a strategic partner for members of Quorum's leadership team and they implement their annual strategic plan and identify areas for additional investment or cost savings.
- You have at least 3 years of experience running the finance function of a $30 million dollar+ annual recurring revenue business with private equity backing.
- You have previous experience working as and or overseeing a controller with the ability to produce high quality monthly financial reports with insight into the business.
- You have significant experience in FP&A as demonstrated by having at least 3 years experience comprehensively running the financial planning and budgeting process of a growing software company.
- You have a deep understanding of financial and accounting metrics related to software as a service (SaaS) as demonstrated by knowledge of key metrics [gross retention, CAC to CLTV, CAC payback, ACV] and ability to discuss how they impact business strategy.
- You have at least 2 years of experience serving as a member of an Executive Leadership Team (C-Suite/SVP Level) and/or at least 4 years of experience serving as a member of an Executive Management Team (VP Level).
- You are willing to roll up your sleeves with contract negotiation and customer contract management.
- You will stand out if you have previous experience working with M&A and experience managing 3rd party debt and covenants.
- You are an especially strong candidate if you have experience scaling an organization from $25 million ARR to $50 Million ARR.
About the Finance Team
- We're responsible for the financial stewardship of Quorum
- We are the resident experts on Finance metrics-we partner with teams to help them better understand their work
- We believe that precedent is not best practice-we are constantly striving to improve our own workflow.
- We pay attention to the details and have pride in the work we do, knowing that our team helps provides peace of mind to our team members, clients, and vendors
- We're close as a company-we work together, spend time together, and value each others' ideas and input
Our Work Environment:
- We usually work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern,. During the COVID-19 health crisis, most of our team members are working from home in locations around the world. Team members will have the option to work from home until September 7, 2021. Those that feel safe re-entering the office earlier can apply to be part of a pilot re-entry program. All candidates need to be willing and able to relocate to the Washington DC area in 2021
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots.
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call . Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting
If you'd like to have a big impact at a that is changing the way the advocacy process works, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!
- On Target Earnings: $200,000 - $325,000 (OTE expectations dependent upon base salary)
- Base Salary: $160,000-$250,000 (commensurate with experience)
- Variable Compensation: $40,000 to $100,000
- Stock Options: Included based upon experience and salary
- Benefits: 401(k), trans-inclusive health/dental/vision, 12-weeks paid maternity/paternity/adoption/fostering leave, unlimited PTO, and more.
Individuals seeking employment at Quorum are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.