District Of Columbia
ENSCO ASE is recruiting senior engineering and support staff supporting the Office of the Undersecretary of Defense, Research and Engineering Branch (OUSD/R&E). We are currently seeking a Technical or Engineering Lead Speciality Engineering (SpE) who is capable of leading, mentoring, organizing, prioritizing, and executing Specialty Engineering activities in at least one discipline: Manufacturing, Quality and Value Engineering; Human Systems Integration (HSI); System Safety Engineering; and Reliability and Maintainability (R&M) Engineering. Mature judgement required to interface with external stakeholders and senior government personnel. Position located on-site in the Washington D.C./Virginia area.
Qualifications Required (Skills)
Internal Position Title
Background Check Type
Drug Screen Type
Export Control and Licensing
Contract Award Contingency
* Annual education tuition reimbursement
* 401(k) Plan with 2.5% dollar-for-dollar company match in first year of employment, and up to 6% company match thereafter
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* Spending Accounts - FSA, Dependent Care FSA, and HSA
* Leave available for holidays, bereavement, jury duty, military service, family medical leave, and as required by State law
* Paid Time Off
* 100% Company paid Employee Assistance Program and life, disability, accidental death and dismemberment, business travel accident, and professional liability insurance (employee only)
* Other voluntary programs, including supplemental life, auto and home insurance, and legal program
* Computer purchase discount
* Recognition and reward programs
* Patent awards
* Technical paper awards for presentations and publications
* Recruitment awards
* Length of service awards
* Community service recognition
The Aerospace Sciences and Engineering (ASE) Division is based in Cocoa Beach, Fla., with facilities and capabilities in Colorado Springs, Colo., El Segundo, Calif., and Orcutt, Calif. ASE's primary focus is aerospace engineering, cyber security and meteorological systems.
ASE is the prime contractor to the U.S. Space Force, providing Systems Engineering & Integration of the Launch Safety infrastructure, the Satellite Control Network and the Standard Space Trainer.
ENSCO's aerospace engineering efforts support launch range activities throughout the U.S. ASE employees are developing the Range of the future and evaluating highly technical systems for critical launch operations, including range instrumentation, safety and communications.
Our Cyber domain experts are providing engineering solutions for space systems Defensive Cyber Operations, as well as cyber consultative support for private sector and government organizations.
The ASE Division is the premier integrator of weather systems and technologies to enhance safety, reduce cost, and lessen weather impacts on space launches, aviation and business operations.
Strength in Diversity
ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.