If you're looking for a place to kick-start your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals - Geosyntec is the place for you! We are seeking an experienced Geologist or Remediation Engineer with at least 5 years of experience to join our environmental practice in Detroit, Michigan. Working for our contaminated site assessment & remediation practice, you will have the opportunity to apply your academic knowledge to real-world situations while also learning the business skills needed for a successful consulting career.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the position include:
- Project planning and coordination including subcontractor procurement, sampling and health and safety plan development, project management support with client and regulatory interfacing;
- Mentoring and training of junior staff in the field and office;
- Fieldwork, site investigation, and characterization, including sediment, soil, surface water, air monitoring, and groundwater sampling, drilling and contractor oversight;
- Aquifer testing and hydrogeologic data analyses;
- Data analysis/visualization of site investigation data including the preparation of tables, maps, and figures using both industry-standard and cutting-edge applications;
- Monitoring and oversight of site remediation and environmental construction projects;
- Supporting fate and transport modeling, natural attenuation evaluations and risk assessment;
- Preparation of written documents such as proposals, work plans, cost estimates, and investigative reports; and
- Assisting in the development of proposals and other business development activities such as presentations and conference attendance.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec's culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec's culture.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires 40-hour OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 40%
- Overnight travel: Up to 20%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual's own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in geology/hydrogeology, geochemistry, environmental, civil, or chemical engineering, or a related field. (required)
- Advanced degree in geology or environmental engineering. (preferred)
- Engineer in training (EIT), Geologist in training (GIT), or similar certification. (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least five years of applied consulting experience in planning and performing field investigations and studies (drilling, logging, well installation, soil, and groundwater sampling, etc.); or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Applied experience with post-investigation data compilation and evaluation and report preparation. (required)
- Demonstrated strong interest in contaminant remediation and/or quantitative hydrogeology. (required)
- Experience with the use of high-resolution investigation methods (laser-induced fluorescence (LIF), membrane interface probes (MIP), and hydraulic profiling tools (HPT)). (preferred).
- Experience with visualization tools (AutoCAD ArcGIS) and/or groundwater flow and geochemical modeling (Modflow, MT3D, geochemical equilibrium models). (preferred)
- Experience with ArcView, Microsoft Access, and/or EVS. (preferred)
- Strong oral and technical writing skills. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver's license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus a passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting .
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting .
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities