Ho-Chunk, Inc. is the award-winning economic development corporation owned by the Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska. Founded in 1994, Ho-Chunk, Inc.'s mission is to drive the socio-economic development of the Winnebago people through a world-class tribally-owned company. Ho-Chunk, Inc. has grown into a diversified corporation with over 1,500 employees from a variety of ethnic backgrounds and skill sets. Ho-Chunk, Inc. operates numerous subsidiaries in a range of industries including federal government contracting, real estate, construction, manufacturing, retail and agriculture. Our award-winning business model reinvests in the Winnebago Tribe among shared priorities of employment, housing, education, youth and elders.
* Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer with an additional reporting relationship to the leadership team of Warhorse Gaming, LLC, the Director of Finance is responsible for the overall direction, administration, and coordination of all Finance Department activities within WarHorse Gaming, LLC. in accordance with established policies, procedures, generally accepted accounting procedures (GAAP) and Gaming Commission regulations.
* Provides guidance to leadership teams in understanding financial processes, procedures, and internal controls. Directly supervises all property Controllers and indirectly all Finance Department employees (i.e., accounting, analytics, general ledger, purchasing, receiving, revenue audit, compliance, casino cage and drop & count), and will collaboratively develop and implement approved organizational strategies for all aspects of Finance Operations.
* Recommends appropriate actions to ensure Local, State, Federal and Regulatory compliance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Directs the development and establishment of policies, systems, and procedures in order to assure the effectiveness of financial planning, reporting, management and controls.
- Develops and monitor all financial management and accounting systems, both manual and computerized, to satisfy reporting requirements, including cash flow, profit and loss, balance sheet, budgeting, forecasting, lodge, and retail accounting, etc.
- Ensures the integrity of all financial data produced by Finance Departments.
- Ensures accurate and timely financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports.
- Analyzes financial data, trends, forecasts, etc. and recommend appropriate action.
- Oversees the materials management function, including purchasing, receiving, warehousing and internal distribution.
- Recommends operational improvement opportunities for procedures, controls, profitability, etc.
- Monitors financial activities on properties, to ensure all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and internal controls are consistently applied throughout the properties.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate internal control safeguards.
- Investigates questionable occurrences to assure protection of assets and adequacy of controls.
- Assures properties are adequately prepared to meet timelines for all internal and external audits.
- Assures regulatory compliance with local, state, and federal regulatory requirements.
- Leads finance teams in accomplishing department and organizational goals.
- Analyzes proposals to assure adherence to business strategy and return-on-investment criteria.
- Cooperates with Internal and External Auditors, Compliance, and Investigations, as necessary.
- Ensures the integrity of all financial data produced by the department; assists Finance Managers, to include, but not limited to: Revenue Audit, Accounting, Purchasing, Internal Audit, Analytics, Cage Operations, Drop/Count, Title 31, as needed.
- Interacts with other department executives to provide planning and consultative support.
- Develops and direct the implementation of strategic business and/or operational plans, projects, programs, and systems.
- Establishes and implements short- and long-term departmental objectives, strategies, and action plans.
- Assists CFO in special projects, as assigned.
Directly supervises all property Controllers and indirectly supervises all Finance Department employees.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and coaching/counseling employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Business Acumen
* Strategic Thinking/Planning
* Drive Culture/Commitment to Culture
* Customer Focus
* Financial Management
* Employee Empowerment
* Results/Data Driven
* Executive Presence
* Diversity and Inclusion
* Strategic Partnerships
* Change Management
* Creating Engagement
This job operates in both a professional office environment and a gaming environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The noise level in the gaming work environment is usually moderate to loud. Employee should be able to adapt well to the casino environment involving large numbers of people with loud and continuously high noise levels. In this environment, the employee may need to walk long distances or stand for long periods of time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
Must be able to climb stairs, walk long distances, and stand for extended periods of time.
Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
Must be able to work in indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00
a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening, weekend and holiday hours required, based on business need.
Travel is expected up to 50% of the time for this position. This role is expected to travel between our main office locations and our Casino locations within the state of Nebraska. Travel is expected on a weekly basis for one or more days. Expected travel is during normal business hours and may or may not require an overnight stay. Use of a company vehicle is allowed, with the ability to be insured under company insurance program. Ability to maintain a Driver's License and be insured under the company insurance policy is required.
Eight (8) years finance department senior management experience and five (5) years progressively responsible experience in the casino gaming industry demonstrating substantial casino finance principles and practices required.
Pre-Opening experience highly preferred.
Multi-property and/or regional management experience preferred.
A satisfactory combination of applicable casino senior finance management experience and education may be considered in lieu of experience requirements.
Specific Skills/Knowledge/Abilities Required
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Accounting, Finance or related field from a four-year accredited college or university required. Master's degree preferred.
Current CPA strongly preferred.
Proven supervisory, leadership, and coaching skills.
Demonstrate advanced knowledge of Accounting, Procurement and Financial Reporting systems.
Demonstrate expert knowledge of Accounting, Finance, Casino Operations, Audit and Compliance principles, best practices, procedures, and structures.
Experience working with federal & state government agencies and gaming regulatory boards.
Experience in creating performance metrics for measuring program effectiveness.
Demonstrate advanced Excel skills.
Excellent project management skills
Proficient in SharePoint & all Microsoft Office Suite applications
Demonstrate strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations. Read, write, and speak English fluently.
Demonstrate advanced mathematical, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
Flexibility and adaptability to respond to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
Demonstrate advanced conflict management skills to resolves challenges in a positive and constructive manner to minimize negative impact.
Experience partnering and collaborating with all levels of an organization to develop networks, build alliances, engage in cross- functional activities and find common ground with stakeholders.
Exhibit sound business ethics/integrity and a commitment to corporate responsibility.
Demonstrate critical thinking-using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths/weaknesses of alternative solutions and approaches to problems.
Demonstrate stability-the tendency to handle stress, maintain an even temperament and demonstrate confidence across most situations, while ensuring transparency within the company, in a fast-paced, multi-task, and high-pressure environment.
Ability to secure and maintain NE Gaming License required.
Ho-Chunk, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status, or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian
Certified, Native American Tribally-owned.