M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence. We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 4,500 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure, and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
M.C. Dean is looking for a Watch Desk Specialist Level 1 to join the team on a project with a Department of Defense (DoD) customer. In this role, as part of a multidisciplinary team, you will support monitoring, managing, and tracking resolution of tickets in Watch Desk customer IT issue ticket queue. The position operates in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment in support of DoD technology and cybersecurity initiatives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring Remedy Ticketing system for new tickets.
- Prioritizing watch ticket queue.
- Monitoring, managing, and tracking items within SharePoint.
- Monitoring ticket execution progress to ensure work is being completed.
- Create M.C. Dean Infrastructure Management Maintenance System (IMMS) tickets, as necessary.
- Check for technical updates.
- Create and manage outages to include creating impact assessments and outage notifications.
- Create user accounts for different customer systems.
- Communicate with customers in a timely manner and polite manner to follow up on tickets.
- Support coordination between different personnel as required to ensure tickets are resolved.
Position / Candidate Requirements
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- This is an entry level position; 0-2 years of experience with Bachelors Degree; 4-6 years of experience with an Associates Degree; 6-8 years of experience with no degree; some or all of the experience in a Help Desk support role.
- Must have Security+ or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Remedy Ticketing System.
- MS SharePoint experience; ability to navigate and track items on portal sites.
- Communicate effectively with customers in a patient and articulate manner.
- Communicate effectively with M.C. Dean program and technical team members.
- Commitment to learn and follow M.C. Dean required processes.
- Able to follow directions and process documentation.
- Self-sufficient, self-starter; quick learner; ability to complete work without constant supervision.
Desired / Advantageous Qualifications
- Experience with documenting work instructions.
- Experience with Active Directory.
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.