GENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW STATEMENT
Under general supervision, designs, constructs, installs and repairs acoustical ceiling tile systems.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Receives work orders and oral instructions, reads blueprints, and/or sketches with Foreman/Assistant Foreman/Construction Project Manager and determines sequence and procedures for constructing, repairing and/or installing items.
2. Measures and cuts materials to prescribed dimensions using hand and power tools.
3. Maintains work area in an orderly and neat fashion.
4. Daily checks out and returns power tools.
5. Provides direction and on-the-job training to apprentices.
6. Complete daily record of jobs completed for use in preparation of charge-backs for services rendered.
7. Fabrication and/or repairs security screens, doors, door guards, railings, food service equipment, snow removal equipment, structural supports, piping for translogic systems.
8. Performance of preventive maintenance where required.
9. Responsible for snow removal as needed.
10. Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
11. Ensure all work is completed within ICRA & ILSM guidelines
May supervise one or more employees.
Complete daily - hours worked via iPad for charge-back purposes.
1) Compliance with the Hospital and department rules on uniforms in addition to the Buildings & Grounds policy and procedure manual.
2) The use of safety equipment such as: respirators, safety glasses, safety shoes, etc. on specific job assignments.
3) a) Pass respirator clearance exam, b) along with compliance with Hospital's universal precaution rules.
4) Understand and practice patient confidentiality (HIPPA)
5) Understand and practice infection control through proper dust containment. Understand the use of the environmental containment booths.
6) Is subject to call any time for emergencies due to increment weather, special project or plant failure.
7) Works throughout the Hospital including roofs and equipment areas where there is occasionally exposure to extreme dust, dirt, heat, noise and occasionally outside elements.
8) Some overtime will be required.
9) Provide own hand tools.
1. Must be able to read and understand blueprints.
2. Must know all phases of acoustical ceiling tile installation and repair.
3. The physical ability to lift moderately heavy items, raw wooden materials and other supplies. Occasionally (less than 15% of the time) must exert effort to lift over seventy pounds.
4. Ability to use and operate power equipment, such as saws, drills, sanders, routers, etc.
5. Requires completion of vocational or high school. Training and completion of an apprenticeship program or equivalent on-the-job training, with at least 5 years of related experience.
6. Must have Hilti gun license.