Tenneco is one of the world's largest pure-play powertrain companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
This position is Manage the Quality Assurance Program. Responsible for maintaining effective controls which ensure product integrity from initial sample submission through mass production. Ensure sample submission practices meet customer requirements completely
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Review and research products/processes for quality improvement.
- Manage customer complain follow-up through root-cause correction action.
- Write, review, revise, and update standard practices to document the control of quality systems.
- Manage QA records and reports to assure compliance to customer requirements.
- Perform Quality Systems audits to assure compliance to customer requirements.
- Follow instructions and directions of Director of Quality Assurance.
- Perform supplier quality system audits.
- Manage hold area (Material Review Board)
- Supervises Quality Technicians, Lab Technicians, and Quality Engineers
- May give certain authority to assigned staff within their job scope to perform duties, make decisions, and use independent judgments.
- Lead quality systems initiatives such as implementation of new tools, systems, gauging equipment and software.
- Develop, train and assist other areas in statistical analysis methods and tools for problem solving.
- Organize, prepare and act as management representative during ISO/TS 16949 or other customer and third party audits.
- Each employee has the authority to initiate action to prevent a violation of the Federal-Mogul Integrity Policy.
- All employees will abide by the plant's safety policy, comply with the legal and other requirements and operational controls established, work toward achieving established objectives and targets, and conform to procedures consistent with the ISO 14001 standard. An employee should report, and if necessary stop, any activity that does not conform to the policy or may injure himself/herself.
EDUCATION:Bachelors Degree in related field or 3 - 5 years experience in quality related field with experience in automotive manufacturing and TS16949 standards.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled