EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Senior Lead Engineer
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a Senior Lead Engineer in Quantico, VA. The Sr. Lead Engineer must be able to eligible for a Security Clearance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for operating and maintaining chillers, boilers, site building systems and associated equipment
- Supervises all Leads and Shift Engineers
- Maintains a safe and efficient workplace
- Timekeeping/record-keeping and other leadership requirements
- Manage PM Issuance/closure to include coordination of subcontractors
- Make periodic inspections of and monitor all assigned equipment and systems locally and remotely
- Respond to alarms, make periodic tours and recording required data in operating logs
- Proficiently use test equipment and devices pertinent to building operating systems and analyze test results
- Record and report all faults, deficiencies, and other unusual occurrences
- Be familiar with emergency plans and responses
- Respond to service calls and take corrective action
- Perform other duties as requested
- 7 - 10 years of hands-on experience with maintaining mechanical equipment for a large commercial or industrial complex.
- Must have EPA CFC Universal Certification.
- Must have either a Journeyman HVAC License or 2nd Grade Stationary Engineers License in VA/MD/DC.
- Must have technical knowledge of Building Automation System (BAS), Centrifugal Chillers, Air Cooled Chillers, Fie and Water Tube Boilers, Air Handling Units, Variable Air Volume, Fan Coil Unit and Chemical Treatment.
- Must be familiar with emergency systems including redundancy, isolation, change over and shut down of all utilities and mission critical systems.
- Must be eligible for a security clearance.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer - Veteran / Disabled.