ESI is hiring an Estimator for our Asphalt Maintenance Division with focus on the Colorado Springs market. Applicant must have a minimum of 2 years of estimating experience with an emphasis on asphalt paving. Experience with Bluebeam and Bid2Win is preferred, but not required if applicant has strong estimating background.
Office location is in Castle Rock Colorado and projects are primarily in the front range from Colorado Springs to Fort Collins. ESI performs work for a wide range of entities including Federal, State, Local Municipalities, privately owned and joint venture projects.
Applicant must be self-motivated and able to perform numerous aspects including takeoffs, site visits, gathering quotes, working with subcontractors, managing multiple estimates, and coordinating with other ESI divisions and personnel for projects.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Build estimates in B2W.
- Study job specifications and evaluate construction methods to determine cost impacts for estimates.
- Perform digital and/or plan takeoffs for project quantities and scopes.
- Contact vendors, suppliers, and subcontractors for quotes.
- Accurately forecasts costs of scopes to be completed for proposals.
- Site visits and job walks as necessary for estimating
- Interpret and explain costs and budgets to project management and field personnel as needed during construction.
- Strive for excellence in every estimate to achieve optimal results and goals.
- Possess an ownership attitude and be willing to grow and mentor other team members.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Civil Engineering or Construction degree preferred but not required.
Experience: 2 years experience in Estimating, utilizing industry relevant estimating software.
Computer Skills: Must be familiar with Microsoft office, B2W estimate and track, Agtek takeoff, Bluebeam, saving and imputing of data.
Certificates & Licenses: N/A
- COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card
ESI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, genetic information, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. ESI, also prohibits harassment and/or retaliation of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.