ASC - Rochester NH-00075
85 Innovation Drive, Rochester, New Hampshire 03867
Position: Fan Blade Injection / 3rd Shift
Performs functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including equipment operation/set up and in process product inspection. As a Manufacturing Technician at Albany Engineered Composites you will be responsible for the manufacture, inspection and final product of composite products. This role requires strong attention to detail and the ability to cross function in many manufacturing processes.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following values: Safety, Accountability, Integrity, Respect, Passion and Innovation. Put Safety first at all times, never compromise on safety for the obtainment of other objectives. Responsible for health and safety of themselves and coworkers.
- Perform manufacturing operations associated with producing quality composites and components.
- Produce quality product per work instructions.
- Accurately and efficiently set up equipment to produce quality product.
- Execute daily autonomous maintenance and start-up activities.
- Perform inspection of product during the production process as required.
- Assist in developing improvement methods and practices to increase quality and productivity.
- Accurately complete documentation associated with production process.
- Perform timely and accurate transactions of workflow in ERP system.
- Participate in inventory cycle counts, variance investigation and reconciliation.
- Assist in performing required process capability studies, equipment installation qualifications, and process validation.
- Assist in the investigation and implementation of corrective actions on product and process failures as required.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures including safety regulations, personal protective equipment requirements, Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions and Good Manufacturing Procedures.
- Responsible for upkeep of manufacturing areas and provide a clean and safe work environment.
- Review all manufacturing documentation, assembly, inspection, test, packaging procedures and provide feedback.
*Ensures operational goals are met in the areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost (SQDC). r
- Other duties as assigned.
- Nothing in this document restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Supervisors are responsible for overseeing their work group including but not limited to: formal evaluations/performance management as set out by the organization, recruitment and developing
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment (aerospace or composites a plus)
- Ability to read and interpret work instructions
- Physical demands of the job include: stooping, crouching, walking, pulling, light lifting (up to 25 pounds), grasping, hearing, visual acuity, kneeling, reaching, pushing, standing and climbing
Indoor production environment, adequate lighting, and comfortable temperatures. Occasional exposure to moderate noise and machinery with mechanical moving parts. Ability to work 24/7 schedule and be available as business situations required, overtime dependent on business need.
Frequently positions sheets of material onto molds and/or manually sands parts, etc...
Frequent repetitive hand movements, use of hand tools - pliers, sanders, scissors, etc...
Frequently remain in a stationary position up to 75% of the time
Must be able to detect and recognize visual differences between materials or parts, etc...
Frequently moves molds and parts >25 lbs between worktables and carts
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran