DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties include all areas of the production operation.
- Performs assigned visual/dimensional inspections functions on components, ammunition and other items.
- Performs the handling required to accomplish the assigned inspection/testing functions.
- Maintains Quality Control charts and other records to record/report results of assigned inspection/test function, as required.
- Maintains Quality - Observes and monitors production operations to verify compliance with approved Standard Operating Procedures, Quality Work Instructions and other applicable procedures.
- Reports defects/discrepancies, coordinates MRB disposition and initiates requests for corrective action in accordance with approved procedures.
- Correctly and accurately collects production material data and enters that data into the material control computer database.
- Verifies setup calibration of inspection/test equipment in accordance with approved procedures.
- Maintains record of production status for sub-assembly and/or finished product by lot number/serial number. Records quantities of materials on line.
- Checks material received and moved off line.
- Takes physical counts daily of all material.
- Responsible for control of explosives/sensitive items (in accordance with high security regulations), reporting all shortages immediately to the area supervisor.
- Enters production data into computer database system
- The duties of this classification may overlap duties performed by employees in other classifications.
- Safety awareness and commitment at all times
- Communication skills
- Exercises independent judgment
- Decision-making skills
- Mathematical skills
- Computer literacy
EDUCATION: High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required plus 6 hours of Principles of Accounting, higher level math, or equivalent.
CERTIFICATION: Quality Control Inspector will receive certification training and is required to achieve and maintain certification.
EXPERIENCE: At least 1 year experience in manufacturing industry, related inspection experience preferred. Able to use different types of measuring equipment and must be able to perform accurate counts of production material. Experience with Word, Excel, data entry into computer systems and e-mail systems. SAP experience a plus.