Tenneco is one of the world's largest pure-play powertrain companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
This position plans, directs, and coordinates maintenance and manufacturing processes in industrial plant and has the ability to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws by performing the following duties.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Participates in training to produce a quality product / services, uses preventative measures to ensure the customer requirements and Tenneco standards are met.
- In the absence of the production supervisor, manufacturing engineers will be required to provide coverage in the Manufacturing area. This coverage will be required for vacations, weekend work and illnesses.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
- Ability to plan and implement projects, this includes the delegation of resources, time management and the project budgets.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering blueprints, drawings, models, and other specifications to obtain data on proposed part.
- Prepares graphs or charts of data or enters data into computer for analysis. Prepares reports and memorandums.
- Analyzes test results on defective parts to aid in determining cause of failure and assists production with trouble shooting and corrective action measures.
- Properly identifies and analyzes and resolves non-conforming material and assists the Quality Department with disposition of materials.
- Applies knowledge of functions and processes of various departments and capacities of machines and equipment to resolve process issues.
- Consults with the production supervisors on coordination of work orders, giving all safety related items top priority.
EDUCATION:Bachelors degree or Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college/ technical school; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in a powder metal manufacturing setting preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled