Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking multiple highly skilled UAS Operations Specialist's to join our team in Sierra Vista, AZ. You must possess an active Secret clearance.
At MTSI, our more than 1,300 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company's future!
MTSI's core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start accruing PTO at the rate of 20 days, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit:
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking multiple UAS Operations Specialist's who will coordinate UAS operating site services to include site preparation, site support services during UAS operations, as required; site support services shall encompass the launch and recovery sites, the Ground Control Station (GCS), and potential deployment, emergency and alternate airfield sites. The position is located in Sierra Vista, AZ. You must possess an active Secret clearance.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- Provide flight authorization and scheduling support, including preparing and updating, submission and oversight of UAS National flight schedules by CBP prior to execution of the mission.
- Coordinate with civil and/or military weather agencies for forecasting services accessible from the UAS NASOC site.
- Prepare publish and update as required Notices to Airmen (NOTAM) applicable to UAS operations through the applicable Flight Service Station (FSS). The NOTAMs shall contain detailed information essential to safe UAS operations in the national airspace system.
- Establish, maintain, and update as needed the Flight Publications Library, including the following products: applicable DOD Flight Information Publications (FLIPs), FAA Air Traffic Publications, approved Letters of Procedures, Certificates of Authorization issued by the FAA, as well as CBP UAS operations and maintenance manual.
- Coordinate with applicable agencies to facilitate UAS access to and utilization of necessary airspace to support operational requirements.
- Support post-mission reporting and analysis. This shall include the following areas: UAS mission results, lessons learned, equipment effectiveness and status, maintenance, supply and logistics reports, and accident and hazard potential reports.
- Coordinate mishap response and safety efforts with the appropriate mishap response agencies and approve mishap response plans, procedures and checklists for use in a UAS related mishap.
- Provide scheduling, monitoring, post-sortie data collection, report generation, and records management support for the execution of manned proficiency flight training in support of currency requirements applicable to UAS air crew members.
- Performs and conducts training.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in DOD or DHS air operations, air traffic control, or airfield operations management. DOD or DHS experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable of DOD/DHS aircraft systems and mission equipment.
- Bachelor's degree plus 8 years of relevant experience.
- Active Secret clearance.
- Individual must submit to a CBP BI; a favorably adjudicated BI will be required to maintain this position.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
MTSI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.