Role: Marketing Analyst - Merchandising Analyst Location: Remote to start need local to Woonsocket, RI.
Duration: 12+ Months
Primary Roles and Responsibilities Include:
1. Promotional planning, coordination, and analysis: primary point of contact (POC) for the promotional planning and analysis for the Candy category. Understand & communicate timelines to vendor community to complete submissions on schedule. Solicit, create and analyze large data sets to determine promotional effectiveness. Funnel all vendor submissions to proper system and negotiate ad hoc promotions as needed. Manage leadership reporting to the organization beyond the Candy category.
2. Quantitative Analysis: Collaborate with the Category Management Team(s) to scope and plan any and all financial and quantitative analyses that will aid in day-to-day management of the business and yield critical answers to longer-term strategic questions. Understand the required data sets to complete the analyses and procure them accordingly. Manage the delivery of timely, zero-defect analyses to support insight development. Run ad hoc analysis upon request and provide actionable insights with recommendations for next steps
3. Product Management and Assortment Planning: Run Daily sales, seasonal reporting, weekly vendor reporting and analyze market data to assist in merchandising decision making. In addition,
* Partner with Category Management teams to build promotional plans and activities related to everyday and seasonal businesses. Attend proofing meetings and partner with Merchandising Analytics to manage funding.
* Attend seasonal meetings and work with Category Management teams to assist with item selection and coordinate all billing and end of cycle disposition.
* Assist with assortment planning and merchandising strategies for planograms, including New Item set up and maintenance.
* Off-Shelf coordination of off-shelf programs with key suppliers, setting up programs and running off-shelf reporting.
* Oversee price change activities.
4. Communication Development & Business Reporting: Communicate effectively, both verbally and on paper, to Merchandising and Cross-Functional teams throughout the organization. Partner with outside partners. Assist with communication and reporting on sales performance, seasonal sales and sell thru and ad planning. Distill findings and craft a succinct and powerful business case that effectively communicates actionable recommendations. Support the development of presentations for mid-level and senior executives.
The candidate selected for this position will be a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious with a demonstrated interest in learning. This person will also need to be a self-motivated, entrepreneurial individual who can function in a performance-driven environment. He/she must be accustomed to working on multiple tasks in parallel. This professional must demonstrate strong team player and leadership skills.
The ideal candidate will also:
Be highly organized, and possess strong planning and time management skills
Communicate in an open and honest way that builds trust and respect
Be a collaborative and flexible team player
Be comfortable working on a cross-functional team
Advanced Excel capabilities & experience
Long term interest in Category Management
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance or similar field.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.