Tenneco'sMotorparts(DRiV)isaworldleaderin the internationalautomotiveaftermarket built from the combined strengths of Tenneco, Federal-Moguland Ohlins with 31 of the best knownand respectedaftermarket brands, including 14 brands 100 years or older. Our colleagues throughout 25 countriesaround theworldworkas one team,drivingadvancements that help our customers get the most from every vehicle, every ride, every raceand every journey.
We are looking for a Production Planning Supervisor. This role completes several tasks, such as planning rules and modifiers to drive manufacturing software such as MS and MRP, planning and monitoring the cost of projects, preparing schedules with inputs from several prime sources, and understanding the work and time involved in planning each activity. You are also responsible for planning, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring products through the complete production cycle.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Identify and implement system and process improvements within the supply chain to enable overall business process improvement.
- Further develop existing forecast and supply programs to improve current days of inventory and cash cycle.
- Analyze inventory levels and product demands to determine reorder levels and safety stocks.
- Develop and maintain Forecast, master schedule and procurement plan based on history.
- Review and update forecast, production schedules and material requirements.
- Proactively review material supply and demand to determine push/pull actions appropriate to impact manufacturing MPS and supply MRP exception messages.
- Coordinate and plan materials requirements for new product introductions, including review of new BOM's and cut-in dates for build verification and production units.
- Assess impact to materials availability and production schedule from customer sales opportunities that may be affecting demand for product over and above the plan.
- Review material shortages, stock outages, and safety stock levels while working with vendors, Purchasing and manufacturing to meet customer requirements. Propose changes when needed.
- Assist in the resolution of MRP and planning discrepancies.
- Work cooperatively to implement innovative inventory efficiency programs.
- Will ensure product availability and minimize inventory costs.
- Oversees and ensures proper production control planning and scheduling programs including Kanban to meet customer requirements and to balance the level of manpower and machine requirements. Makes certain that deviations to the production schedule or Kanban are investigated and properly followed up. Arranges in plant transfers of materials to meet production schedules.
- Monitor inventory levels and inventory control parameters (raw materials, WIP, finished goods) to meet the needs of changing business conditions.
- Monitor internal delivery schedule to minimize freight dollars.
- Monitors/promotes environmental, health, safety, and housekeeping within area of responsibility.
Education:Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline or equivalent years of experience.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of2 - 5 years of inventory management and/or materials planning experience.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in SAP and ability to train others in system.
- Must be able to create, maintain, and uphold the production schedule
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled