Tenneco'sMotorparts(DRiV)isaworldleaderin the internationalautomotiveaftermarket built from the combined strengths of Tenneco, Federal-Moguland Ohlins with 31 of the best knownand respectedaftermarket brands, including 14 brands 100 years or older. Our colleagues throughout 25 countriesaround theworldworkas one team,drivingadvancements that help our customers get the most from every vehicle, every ride, every raceand every journey.
We are looking for a Production Planner. This role is responsible for tactical master planning of mid- to long-range production, capacity, and inventory planning for an aftermarket product line. You are also responsible for implementation of production plan at the plant level to achieve customer delivery objectives.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- This position reports directly to the Materials Manager. Production Scheduler/Planner positions support the OE Service, Converters, Muffler, Pipe, and Wire Bending/Flanges & Brackets manufacturing operations, and Kit Making.
- Manipulates a highly technical computer planning program (Manugistics) to achieve a balance of inventory costs, manufacturing costs, capacity constraints, and delivery performance as business conditions change.
- Accuracy and proficiency in the planning process are critical to achieve customer order fill goals and reducing set up times. Errors in this position result in lost customers due to order fill problems, inappropriately high inventory levels, plant shutdowns, and obsolete inventory.
- Independently develops production and inventory plans on a weekly and monthly basis for a period of one year to support company inventory goals and delivery objectives.
- Manage planning and execution of weekly master production schedule.
- Implements weekly schedule with final adjustments to build plan, operation of MRP, and distribution of job/route cards on a part number basis.
- Plan and manage inventory levels to minimum required to support company customer delivery goals.
- Manage planning parameters to meet changing business conditions.
- Plans and expedites purchased parts required to fulfill production plan.
- Plans OE customers as assigned by supervisor.
Education:Bachelor's degree (BA) from four-year college or university in related field or equivalent practical experience.
Skills & Experience:
- Must have 4-5 years solid experience in planning, manufacturing and production operations.
- Should have a thorough knowledge of manufacturing principles, processes, and equipment plus the ability to plan and organize effectively.
- Must be proficient in p.c. skills, spreadsheets, word processing, graphics and mainframe languages such as Focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled