M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence. We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 4,500 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure, and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
Seeking Project Manager with experience in technology systems integration including Communications and Electronic Safety and Security passive and active infrastructure with a proven ability to lead design, construction and commissioning teams. Overall 7-9 years of experience with at least 5 years in project management responsible for budget, schedule and delivery. Candidate must be a thought leader, customer focused and command excellent communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to plan and lead a diverse team to execute a large-scale Technology infrastructure projects.
Minimum Requirements are:
- B.S. Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Business Management and 7- 9 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve business, technical and construction issues to include technical and design issues, operational challenges, work procedures, and potential customer concerns and complaints.
- Candidate must have proven experience in effectively managing multiple projects ranging in $500K-$10M up to $50M in annual volume, to include quick ramp up quickly to include cost estimating, engineering, contract administration, subcontract management, claim negotiations, project controls, finance, installation and installation supervision, construction, resource planning and staffing.
- Project Manager Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) certification is a plus.
- Managing projects $500K -$20M in value, with an engineering and management staff of 20-30 personnel, specialty trade partners and overseeing M.C. Dean direct labor workforce consisting of technicians and electricians
- Leading a team that provides Communications and Electronic Safety and Security passive and active infrastructure including communications ISP/OSP pathways and cabling, networking and wireless systems, CCTV, access control, A/V, and other technology applications ensuring design efficiency and contractual compliance
- Planning, organizing and directing activities concerned with the upgrade and renovation in existing facilities and construction of new facilities in an operating environment
- Scheduling the project(s) in logical steps to budget enough time required to meet deadlines
- Plan and actively track work to ensure compliance with project schedule and budget
- Negotiating revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with customer, consultants, suppliers and subcontractors
- Monitoring project budgets to ensure positive cash flow and to maintain profitability
- Working directly with supervisors to direct engineering, construction, testing and commissioning activities. Coordinate with field personnel and/or engineering team to discuss any potential installation issues
- Interpreting and explaining plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, subcontractors and clients
- Working with construction superintendent to develop installation execution plans determining labor requirements to dispatch tradesman to construction site
- Inspecting and reviewing projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with contract documents, building and safety codes, and other applicable regulations
- Plan and obtain permits, badges and access requests in advance
- Suggest process improvements / cost saving measures
- Equipment and material planning to ensure on-time delivery and location and storage to enhance project productivity
- Maintain organized and detailed project records
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders by providing weekly project status, schedule updates and responding to other stakeholder concerns.
Position requirements include:
- Experience working with management systems including estimating, scheduling and job cost reporting
- Proficient in reading drawings, schematics and interpreting and understanding statements of work (SOW) to develop cost proposals and execution plan
- Proficiency in estimating directly related to Communications and Electronic Safety and Security systems
- Proficiency in the Critical Path Method (CPM) scheduling method and General Contractor Schedules using Primavera P6 and/or Microsoft Project CPM Scheduling software
- Experience in operational risk management and knowledge of safety and quality control requirements
- Experience overseeing and approving monthly job cost updates, productivity reports, and cash flow projections
- Must have a history of completing projects under budget and on-time
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.