Tenneco is one of the world's largest pure-play powertrain companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
Responsibilities include; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Directly supervises 15 - 25 employees in the production process.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Participates in training to produce a quality product / services, uses preventative measures to ensure the customer requirements and company standards are met.
- Works closely with the Production Control Department and the previous shift supervisor's in scheduling and monitoring the flow of quality production parts from start to finish in all areas of the manufacturing plant.
- Ensures production teams are performing work in conformance with Work Instructions.
- Interprets specifications and job orders to employees, and assigns duties.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Coordinates and completes an accurate and thorough production report for the entire shift, including Maintenance.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, and/or employees.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists employees in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate employees to achieve work goals.
- Maintains accurate and appropriate records for production employees; i.e. attendance, disciplinary, etc.
- Resolves employee problems or submits unsettled problems to Value Stream Manager.
- Initiates contact for assistance with emergency maintenance, engineering, quality and or other problems.
- Completes necessary work orders for maintenance work.
- Approving time cards and overtime.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments and specific projects.
- Works with the Production team on the monthly inventory and the annual physical inventory.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled