Georgia-Pacific's Consumer Products division is seeking qualified professionals to consider for their Power Plant Entry Operator position supporting the Power Plant at its manufacturing facility located in Muskogee, OK. The Power Plant Entry Operator is a skilled position that will work with a high performing team to help carry out auxiliary and maintenance tasks to ensure all equipment assets are operating effectively.
The Power Plant can meet all heat and power demands of the facility with more than 100MW of electric generating capacity and 1,000,000lb/hr of steam generating capacity. Generating equipment includes three steam turbine generators (1 fully condensing, 1 partial condensing, and 1 fully extracting) and four power boilers (2 gas-fired, 1 coal-fired, and 1 gas/coal optional). The Power Plant also produces the facility's process water and compressed air. What You Will Do In Your Role
The Experience You Will BringRequirements:
- Maintaining and monitoring power plant auxiliary equipment and performing equipment field inspections to ensure it is operating at its best capability
- Providing operational support in the absence of a short-term vacancy of other key positions within your crew
- Promoting continual improvement, working to identify opportunities to improve safety and equipment reliability in the power plant
- Performing required inspections, lubrications, daily and weekly clean-up
- Providing coverage for water testing, reviewing results, and taking corrective actions
- Providing feedback/input on equipment conditions, potential failure risks, corrections and additions to job plans
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least one of the following
- At least a 2 year technical degree in a mechanical, electrical, power plant technology, or related field
- A minimum of two (2) years of operational or maintenance work experience in a Power Plant environment.
- Operational or maintenance experience with steam turbines
- Willing and able to meet the physical and safety requirements of the job
What Will Put You Ahead
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, et
- Five (5) or more years of operational or maintenance work experience in a power plant environment
- Experience utilizing distributed control systems (DCS) or programable logic controls (PLCs)
- Experience with water quality testing for boilers and process water
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:
Infor does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, protected veterans, military service obligation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact Human Resources at 470-548-7173 and/or ADAAA@infor.com.