Contracts Manager, SLC
Up To 25%
Salt Lake City West-00045
5995 West Amelia Earhart Drive, Salt Lake City, Utah 84416
Albany International Corporation (NYSE: AIN) is a global advanced textiles and materials technology and processing company comprised of two businesses: The segment - the world's leading producer of custom-designed fabrics and belts essential to production in the paper, nonwovens, and other process industries; and AEC - a rapidly growing and high-performing supplier of advance engineered composite structures for the aerospace and defense industry along with adjacent applications.
Albany Engineered Composites:
Albany Engineered Composites, Inc. (AEC) designs, develops, and manufactures advanced composite components. Our core strength is our ability to produce highly tailored, complex composite parts, with a focus on AEC's unique 3D reinforced composite technology. Our products often enable our customers to use lightweight, high-performance composites in applications where they previously have been unable to because of complex performance or geometry needs. For example, we help customers in aerospace and transportation replace heavier metallic components with highly durable, lightweight composite components to reduce weight and improve fuel efciency. AEC manufactured composite fan blades and cases are used exclusively in CFM LEAP engines which power the Boeing 737-MAX and Airbus A320neo aircraft. There are also over 200 AEC manufactured parts across all variants of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter. Please visit to learn more about AEC products and technologies. AEC is a subsidiary of Albany International Corp. (NYSE:AIN) and shares its mission to deliver differentiating products and service with the highest quality and reliability. AEC is headquartered in Rochester, New Hampshire, home to AEC's Research & Technology Center as well as LEAP and other production facilities. The company has additional global fabrication and assembly facilities in New Hampshire, Texas, Utah, France, and a new manufacturing plant that is currently under construction in Mexico.
AEC has a newly created position for an experienced Contracts Manager to support our growing business in our Salt Lake City, Utah office. This individual would be responsible for performing proposal and contract management duties for large commercial and U.S. Government contracts and agreements.
- Ensuring that safety is first at all times, never compromise on safety for the obtainment of other objectives. Responsible for health and safety of themselves and coworkers.
- Specifies all contractual guidelines to be followed during proposal preparation.
- Analyzes terms and conditions in solicitations and identifies all elements of business risk.
- Provides counsel to management regarding proposed contract liability, terms and conditions and compatibility with established company practices.
- Provides and/or obtains legal advice regarding contracts as required.
- Organizes the technical data, delivery schedule, terms and conditions and other contractual elements into a cohesive proposal.
- Reviews cost data and other detailed information to assure that bids are fully compliant to any applicable commercial or U.S. Government requirements.
- Ensures that any exceptions to customer's requirements are clearly spelled out in all proposals.
- Assures that proposals clearly define the scope of work to be performed and are in compliance with any applicable U.S. Government or foreign laws/regulations and Albany policies.
- Coordinates proposal approvals with the appropriate management level.
- Provides follow-up support and participates with customers in proposal reviews. Assists Government/customer representatives in their fact-finding review and audit of the proposal supporting data.
- Leads the negotiation team, working with the team members and management to develop sound negotiation strategy.
- Assures that the contract document precisely reflects the terms of the negotiated agreement.
- Serves as contractual expert to business area management.
- Drives cross-functional collaboration and learning in regard to Contracts Management.
- Represents the company in contractual communications with the customer, both written and oral.
- Assures the Company proprietary rights in data are protected.
- Issues authorizations of expenditure of funds for contracts or orders and changes thereto.
- Manage contract compliance activities throughout the life of the contract.
- Maintains cognizance of contract performance progress.
- Monitors funding and delivery status during term of agreement.
- Maintains contract value used in all quarterly financial reporting.
- Manages all change activity. Submits and negotiates all changes and claims with the customer.
- Initiates necessary actions to expedite customer acceptance and payment.
- Advises management of possible problems and notifies customer after coordinating with appropriate departments.
- Administers contract closure by coordinating with operating departments to assure proper disposition of Government or customer property and informs management of any potential liabilities.
- Maintains official records file as required by company policy, contract terms, FAR and other Government regulations or law.
Performs other associated departmental duties as assigned, including but not limited to departmental policy development, department representation on committees, recommendations for improvement and contractual presentations.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience including a minimum of 2+ years of experience in large dollar contract management.
- Composite aerospace manufacturing experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent teambuilding skills with solid business astuteness.
- Experience advising and communicating with senior management.
- Sound knowledge of commercial and U.S. Government contracting principles and regulations.
- Thorough understanding of complex contractual terms and conditions.
- Negotiation experience.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Practiced oral and written communication skills.
- Proven capability to develop new and creative approaches in negotiating and managing contracts.
Good Things to Know
- Relocation Assistance Provided
- Travel expected to be 10% or less
Position is located in our Salt Lake City, Utah office. Top notch benefits program including generous 401(k) match, vacation time, sick time, personal days, flexible schedule and strong commitment to work/life balance. We are proud to provide non-smoking buildings and grounds at all of our facilities
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran