Manufacturing Assistant - Raveling
3601 Electric City Blvd., Kaukauna, Wisconsin 54130
KAU 8 HR RotA
Pay starting at $19.77/hour and top rate of $26+ in 2 years, climate controlled environment, competitive benefits!
The Albany International Kaukauna facility is a union-free environment. The Albany philosophy is to involve employees in Safety, Quality and Productivity improvement activities in order to serve our customers well and provide long-term stability. Albany International is also an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled. Successful candidates must have strong teamwork skills, a positive attitude, and a strong work ethic, along with the necessary qualifications. The Raveler plays a major role in the production of Engineered and Forming Fabrics for use in the building, pulp and paper industries. Over time the successful candidate is trained in a variety of distinct tasks, each associated with the classification of Raveler. These include: machine setup, fabric setup, raveling machine operation, hand raveling, pattern recognition, safe fabric handling, fabric transportation, etc.
Safety and Procedures:
- Follow all publicized safety policies/procedures and JIBS applicable to the job.
- Use appropriate PPE that has been identified on the Hazard Analysis for the department/role.
- Attend and participate in all safety training, safety meetings, audits and Behavior Based Safety programs assigned.
- Report all safety hazards observed. If capable, correct the safety hazard identified.
Essential Job Functions:
- To operate raveling machines.
- To follow instructions on trailer cards.
- To perform standard work as specified in JIBS.
- To assure quality of products.
- To perform minor maintenance work and TPM.
- To work on process improvement initiatives.
- To participate on various Groups and Committees.
- To act as a member of the Department Team.
- To perform all tasks requested by Team Leads, Seaming Process Tech, or Area Manager.
- Reads, understands, and is committed to conducting business in accordance to Albany International's Business Ethics Policy. All business of the company should, at all times, be conducted ethically, fairly, honestly and with integrity.
- Excellent communication skills
- Associate Degree preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran