Tenneco completed the acquisition of Federal-Mogul, a leading global supplier to original equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket. The DRiV division of Tenneco combined the strengths of Tenneco, Federal-Mogul Motorparts and Ohlins Racing to become one of the largest multi-line, multi-brand aftermarket suppliers and one of the largest global original equipment (OE) ride performance and braking suppliers to the aftermarket, light vehicle and commercial vehicle customers. DRiV contributes ~$6B annually to Tenneco's global revenue.
We are looking for a Quality Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for planning and coordinating within the Quality function to assure compliance to company standards and customer specifications. Our top candidate will have at least five years of experience in quality engineering within a high production manufacturing facility and demonstrated experience with IATF.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Quality System Auditing/Maintenance- Conduct internal Quality System and EHS audits; monitor progress and verification of audit generated corrective actions; create and maintain system standard procedures.
- SPC Training/System Maintenance- Instruct employees on Statistical Process Control fundamentals, use of electronic and paper generated SPC charts, obtain and analyze statistical data from internal and external sources. Prepare statistical analyses into reports as required by internal and external customers.
- Customer Service- Primary customer quality contact for proactive and reactive situations. Primary proactive contact for Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP). Primary reactive contact for customer concerns, complaints, warranty, etc. Launch FMTiPs for customer concerns. Participate on FMTiPs teams, feedback results to the customer.
- Defective Product Analysis- Analyze returned product for warranty resolution; request and coordinate laboratory analysis; document and distribute results.
- Supplier Quality- Primary quality contact for proactive and reactive supplier issues; APQP, PPAP, etc. Work with supply base on quality improvements. Interface with corporate purchasing to initiate solutions for problem suppliers. Review and return of supplier defective product samples.
- Product Engineering- Act in Product Engineering role for house accounts, launch RFQs (request for quote), initiate design change request, review print specifications, recommend materials to customers, launch prototypes as required.
- Follows the Quality Management System requirements as outlined in the applicable QMS procedures and work instructions; and suggests ways for continual improvement
- Follows EHS rules and regulations and suggests ways for continual improvement
- Promptly reports quality problems, personal injuries and unsafe conditions.
Education:Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience working in an automotive or high-volume manufacturing setting.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents such as technical specifications (TS16949, ISO14001); blueprints, material specifications, etc.
- Advanced skills in using Word, Power Point and Access.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled