M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence. We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 4,500 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure, and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
Seeking to hire a skilled Windows Administrator to manage and maintain Windows systems and server networks. The Windows System Administrator 2 will be responsible for installing or upgrading Windows-based systems and servers, managing user access to the servers, and maintaining the security and stability of the network, ultimately helping to ensure the smooth running of the company's networking and server systems while maintaining a high level of security. To ensure success as a Windows Administrator, the Windows System Administrator 2 should have in-depth knowledge of Windows server setup, deployment, and maintenance, advanced coding skills, and the ability to solve complex IT issues.
- Assessing the stability, security, and scalability of installed Windows systems.
- System and server upgrades.
- Installing or upgrading Windows systems and servers.
- Providing technical support for staff and back-end system users.
- Troubleshooting system and server issues.
- Reviewing system error logs and user-reported errors.
- Monitoring and updating the Windows codebase.
- Managing user access.
- Monitoring system performance.
- Maintaining server architecture security and creating system backups.
- Providing on-site software commissioning and testing.
Position / Candidate Requirements
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Education: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a Related Information Technology Discipline
- Bachelors Degree and 2-4 Years of progressive IT experience supporting electronic communications and IT/Network Administration
- Associates Degree and 6 + Years of progressive IT experience supporting electronic communications and IT/Network Administration Required
- Must have CASP or Security+.
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with various customers, vendors and peers.
- Demonstrated background working with multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated time management and organization skills to meet deadlines and quality objectives.
- Strong MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint Skills is a plus.
Desired / Advantageous Qualifications
- Experience monitoring and administrating VMWare and working in a virtualized environment
- Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Server 2012 and 2016 experience
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.