Tenneco is one of the world's largest pure-play powertrain companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for applying engineering principles and analytical techniques to establish and continuously improve manufacturing processes and products within a manufacturing plant environment.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by applying machine, process and product design improvements through knowledge of fabrication, tooling, assembly, and materials
- Develops manufacturing processes
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements and equipment layout
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintains product and process data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Designs, develops, and supervises the building, installation and initial operation of all equipment to improve existing mechanical manufacturing processes in the Greenville plant.
- Designs tools and dies as necessary and maintains and updates drawings
- Coordinates with Manufacturing and Quality departments on machine design, practices, and concepts.
- Maintains operational follow-up on equipment designed to determine need for modifications.
- Reviews plant manufacturing operation for potential areas of equipment improvements for cost reduction consistent with development and equipment costs.
- Furnishes prints and operating manuals for all equipment designed or installed.
- Supervises technical and mechanical help involved in the development and installation of project items.Reviews all project work of the Designers.
- Coordinates the work of the Designers and MachineRebuild.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 2-5 years in Engineering or related Manufacturing experience preferred
- Strong computer skills
- AutoCad/Mechanical Drafting experience preferred
- Developed troubleshooting/problem-solving skills
- Understanding of pneumatics and hydraulics
- Siemens/Allen Bradley experience helpful
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled