Apex Tool Group is an equal opportunityemployer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Corporate Tax Analyst - Sparks, MD
The Corporate Tax Analyst - Reporting to the Tax Manager, this position will directly support the external reporting of Accounting for Income Taxes under ASC 740 as it pertains to the U.S. tax treatment of domestic and international operations. The position will work closely with the Tax Department management team, as well as, the Company's financial personnel including the corporate finance team and foreign business units.
- Assist with the preparation of the Company's US quarterly and annual income tax provision, including preparation, review and analysis of documentation and workpapers for both U.S. and International subsidiaries.
- Coordination of the Company's FIN 48 Reserve analysis and distribution of quarterly FIN 48 tax packages to foreign units for their timely completion.
- Assist with the calculations of BEAT, Section 163(j) interest limitation, U.S. GAAP Intangible Amortization, UNICAP and other supporting income tax provision and tax return schedules.
- Interact with corporate, business unit and non-U.S. regional associates at all levels in the organization in the resolution of income tax issues.
- Research US and international tax issues at an entry level of complexity.
- Assist with the maintenance of tax provision files and foreign tax packages maintained on Sharepoint.
- Assist with the annual audit process, including year-end audit requests with the Company's external auditors.
- Assist with preparation of Sec. 987 Fixed Assets depreciation and other fixed assets schedules for the income tax provision and tax returns.
- Prepare and file Property Tax returns for Company's various locations. Perform due diligence, maintain records and file Unclaimed Property reports for various states.
- Review and reconcile tax-sensitive general ledger accounts as needed.
- Assist with other areas of corporate tax as necessary.
- Assist with special projects, as required.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 2 - 4 years of progressive work experience in accounting or tax.
- Basic knowledge of Accounting for Income Taxes - ASC 740, a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Strong technical skills required to oversee the continuing development of computerized tax systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, etc.), HFM, SAP preferred and OneSource Income Tax software, a plus;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; attention to detail.
AtApex Tool Group (www.apextoolgroup.com),we build innovation. Each day, our associates
strive to find new and exciting ways to help our customers solve their most
complex challenges. By harnessing our global resources, unprecedented insights
and spirit for service, we build more than just tools for the jobsite - we help
build the future.
ATG is a global manufacturer of hand and power tools, tool storage and accessories, chain, and electronic soldering solutions with more than $1.2 billion in annual revenues. Our 6,700 associates around the world have built powerhouse brands like GEARWRENCH, SATA, Crescent, Cleco, Weller and APEX. Our brands are trusted by the professional trades and DIY enthusiasts alike. With our roots dating back to the 1800's, our tools have driven technological advancements that drive efficiency, speed and safety for customers in a broad range of commercial and consumer markets.
As part of the ATG team, you will move fast, think globally, learn from your colleagues and grow your career. You'll enjoy competitive benefits, a healthy work/life balance and have opportunities to give back to the communities we serve.
Our six core values - Customers Come First, Integrity in All We Do, Continuous Improvement, Innovation for Growth, Passion to Succeed and Best Talent, One Team - drive our daily decisions. Connect with us on social media to learn more - Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
If your goal is to work where finding a better way never ends and your ideas become reality, join us and say #WeBuildATG!