M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence. We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 4,500 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure, and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
- Manage physical security system support to meet service level agreements
- Analyze physical security system performance and recommend improvements
- Resolve complex system issues for physical security systems and networks
- Triage customer support calls, providing Tier 1 help desk support and Tier 2 escalation
- Communicate with customers, manufacturers, vendors and technical specialists
- Train system users and other system support personnel
- Analyze and modify preventive maintenance checklists for system changes
- Troubleshoot system performance issues and implement corrective actions
- Perform preventive maintenance actions including system back-ups, error log reviews, database size and integrity checks
- Organize and prepare detailed documentation of system performance, including service request records and analysis
- Perform desktop hardware and operating system set-up, imaging software loading, and antivirus updates
- Perform all duties with minimal direct supervision
- Be able to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance with the US Federal Government.
- 0-2 Years of Experience with a Master's Degree in Information Technology, Risk Management, Cybersecurity
- 2-4 Years of Experience with a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Risk Management, Cybersecurity
- 6-8 Years of Experience with an Associate's Degree in Information Technology, Risk Management, Cybersecurity
- 8-10 Years of Experience with a High School Diploma
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining Microsoft Server (2016)
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining Microsoft SQL Server (2016)
- CCNA-Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE or SSCP
Specific desired experience, skills and certifications are as follows:
- Certification/Experience in Identiv Hirsch Velocity Software
- Certification/Experience in VERINT Enterprise VMS
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining Juniper based L2/L3 Networks
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.