M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence. We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 4,500 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure, and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
The M.C. Dean, Inc. Maritime Division works at shipyards around the world from our regional offices in Chesapeake, VA, and San Diego, CA. Manage and coordinate Alteration Installation Teams, supporting C4ISR system installations on submarines. Join the top team on the waterfront.
Experience: 10+ Years
- At least ten (10) years of direct work experience with surface ship C4ISR installations that include eight (8) years of experience managing or performing the design, installation, testing, inspection, logistics, resource management, and completion of the C4ISR system installation efforts for US Navy submarines.
- At least four (4) years as manager of submarines installation projects involving multiple systems and in performing tasks to include supervising project personnel, scheduling work, writing proposals, and preparing bids, and equipment and material logistics control.
- FAR and DFAR
Safety and Physical Requirements: (have or obtain the following certifications)
- Occupation Safety Haz-Mat
- Shipyard Competent Person
- Aloft/Climbing / Climbing Shipyard Stairs and Ladders
- Working in Confined Spaces
- Training and the Ability to Safely Lift and Move Objects of 50 LBS
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Security and Work Locations:
- Work is primarily in San Diego, CA and Norfolk, VA but you may travel for extended periods to other shipyards in the USA and to other Navy ports outside the USA
- You will work at government facilities. You must be a US Citizenship eligible for clearance.
- You must pass a background investigation
- You must have a valid driver's license
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.
Possible travel locations include the below but not limited to:
- San Diego, CA
- Vallejo, CA
- Everett, WA
- Seattle, WA
- Portland, OR
- Groton, CT
- Mayport, FL
- Panama City, FL
- Charleston, SC
- Pearl Harbor, HI
- Portland, OR
- Earl, NJ