The Greka lab at the Broad Institute has an opening for a highly motivated Postdoctoral Associate for a project to study misfolded protein trafficking and quality control in diverse cell types and systems. We have cracked open a new chapter, as we begin to understand the mechanisms that underlie misfolded membrane protein "cargo" and mechanisms of membrane protein quality control. We are now investigating these mechanisms and their intersection with critical metabolic pathways. This work has implications for many different cell types and may lead to new therapies for diseases of the kidney, the eye, the brain and beyond. The successful candidate will join an interdisciplinary team of cell biologists, biophysicists, physiologists, computational biologists, structural biologists, and genomics researchers, spanning several institutions, including the Broad Institute, BWH, Harvard Medical School and others, all working together to address these challenges.
We seek an enthusiastic Postdoctoral Associate to join us in these efforts. The ideal candidate will work with our team to explore the cell biology of cargo quality control, bringing to light fundamental cell biological mechanisms and laying the foundation for transformative therapies.
- PhD in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, or a related discipline.
- Experience with protein biochemistry and advanced microscopy
- Experience in working with diverse biological systems is preferred
- Experience in working with proteomics, transcriptomics, and/or metabolomics and associated measurement technologies.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills required.
- Must demonstrate outstanding personal initiative and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
All Broad employees, regardless of work location, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by Tuesday, October 12, 2021. Requests for exemption for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs will be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Check out this video for a look into our community!