Provide fuel services to local residential and commercial customers, as well as fishing vessels on behalf of Sand Point Generating. (75% fuel delivery/ mechanic, 25% assist PPO).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND TASKS
- Maintain the daily fuel operation services and function as a heavy equipment operator.
- Daily fueling and driving of the fuel tank trucks and direct fuel transfer to customer sites (i.e. terminal, fishing vessels, residential and commercial businesses).
- Provide mechanical expertise and be able to troubleshoot and repair vehicles (Diesel and Gas).
- Maintain fuel tank trucks and equipment.
- Assist in training any new employees to operate fuel tanker safely.
- Fuel purchase and transportation for Sand Point Generating Power plant.
- Assist Operations in following compliance with DEC, EPA and Coast Guard regulations.
- Assist in maintaining and operating spill response equipment and supplies.
- Assist and facilitate the practice "spill drills" and contact DEC, EPA, and the Coast Guard.
- Assist in snow removal at various locations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- A valid Alaska driver's license (Class A CDL with Hazmat Endorsement) in good standing. Also, must not have any DUI or reckless driving history within the past ten (10) years.
- Ability to use heavy equipment with minimum 5 years of experience.
- Ability to maintain mechanical systems on commercial engines, both diesel and gas (including engine repair, brakes, transmissions etc.)
- Ability to work on stand-by generator for electrical power.
- Ability to work independently and set and maintain deadlines.
- Must work well with the public and have good communication skills.
- Reliable attendance is required.
- Proficient computer, ten key calculator and basic mathematic skills.
- Maintain a 40-hour Hazwoper certificate on an annual basis.
- Working knowledge of Lock-Out/Tag-Out procedures and general NFPA and OSHA safety standards for working around energized equipment and moving machinery.
- Broad knowledge in maintenance methods, practices, schedules, logistics and budgets.
- Ability to assist Sand Point Power plant manager in various duties associated with operations.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Strict adherence, when applicable, to wearing Personal Protective Equipment, i.e. safety goggles, hearing protectors, chemical-resistant gloves, steel-toed shoes and respirator.
- Must be able to pass the physical requirement established for the use of a respirator.
- Willing to be on call when needed.
- Able to work evenings and weekends and work later than scheduled when necessary.
- U.S. citizenship or U.S permanent resident status required.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Strong technical (mechanical/electrical) and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written) and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of functioning independently
- Provide outstanding customer service to external and internal customers.
- Able to multi-task.
- Proficient in basic mathematical skills.
- Computer skills utilizing word processing, spreadsheets, email, facility control, management and reporting systems.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. This employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their supervisor. The statements herein intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position. Furthermore, these statements do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of Tanadgusix Corporation (TDX) and its subsidiaries.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
Sand Point Generating (SPG) is a subsidiary of TDX and is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability STATUS, veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Native Preference applies pursuant to P.L. 93-638, and SPG grants employment preference to shareholders of Tanadgusix Corporation and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law. Prior to employment, successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen may be required.
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-907-278-2312
To request an accommodation by email, contact us atHR@TDXCorp.com
Click Apply Now to apply for this position online.
TDX Corporation and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers, with programs for the recruitment, hiring and promotion of qualified Alaska Natives. Submission of an application/resume does not obligate the company to interview, offer employment or hire an individual. Please see our Careers page for more information.