Scope, estimate, manage, and close out work order construction requests under $25,000. Provide complete work order management services to customer in a consistent format including all communications and documentation of work.
Collaborate with other team members to assure all construction work orders maintain compliance with approved scope, schedule, and budget. Serve as primary resource to customers and stakeholders regarding construction work order processes and related activities.
Works independently and reports to Construction Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with customer to determine project scope, budget, and schedule for work orders
- Utilize RS Means Cost data and Microsoft Office Programs to provide complete and accurate pricing and scope for all work orders.
- Manage vendors, sub-contractors, and in house construction staff to provide optimal delivery method on all work orders.
- Ensure all completed work complies with UTMB Specifications, campus standards, purchasing guidelines and other policies and procedures
- Work within the online Work Order System to ensure accurate and updated information is accessible to all team members at all times
- Provide clear and concise communications with all stakeholders, team members, and Business Operations and Facilities Leadership.
- Document any deviations from approved scope and budget and recommend solutions and alternatives to resolve deviation
- Conduct inspections and commissioning on all construction projects.
- Close out work orders in a timely manner, including invoices, updated documentation, all order funding closeout invoices, and updated drawings.
- Conduct inspections and a yearly warranty walk-through on all work orders and evaluate vendors and contractors at completion of work
- Construction Manager is expected to interface and discuss scope/projects with tradesmen and use their knowledge of the building as information for quoting work.
Marginal or Periodic Functions:
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Performs related duties as required.
Assist the individual in successfully performing the role
- Intermediate level computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel)
- Interpersonal skills including verbal and written communications, active listening, and team collaboration
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associates’ degree in construction or equivalent
- Six years related experience (includes three years’ experience in Healthcare, Research and/or Academic facilities).
- Must be able to pass a Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) background check.
- Must be able to travel up to 1.5 hours from Galveston Island, to at least the following UTMB campuses: Angleton Danbury, Webster, League City, Friendswood, Pearland, Clear Lake, Texas City.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction or equivalent
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Healthcare Constructor
- Certified Healthcare Facilities Manager
- Journeyman license or higher in a construction trade
Standard office, construction site, work shop, hospital, clinical, laboratory, and correctional facility environments. Frequent daily travel to other UTMB facilities and campuses located between Houston and Galveston. Will operate state vehicles for travel to various campuses as needed.
- Work area is open/shared office with 2 other staff adjacent to staff area.
- Work hours - 40 hrs/week, flexible as long as they include 9am-3pm each day, possible 4/10 hr days if preferred with alternating day off.
*This is a contract position through HealthCare Systems Staffing, therefore no benefits are associated with this position.*
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.