About Us: EMCOR Services Combustioneer is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Founded in 1929, Combustioneer offers complete mechanical contracting services from engineering, design, installation and service to HVAC, plumbing, process piping systems, refrigeration and building automation for commercial, institutional and industrial clients.
Job Title: Controls Technician
JOB SUMMARY: The Controls Technician will be responsible for installing, commissioning, troubleshooting, repairing, and programming building automation control systems while providing top tier customer service for all internal and external customers. The Controls Technician will utilize their knowledge of HVAC Systems, control devices, basic computer operations, electronics, mechanical and electrical troubleshooting, direct digital controls, airflow, hydronic systems, IT networking, and building control techniques. Must have an active Secret or Top Secret Clearance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement the startup, commission, and re-commission of customer systems that utilize pneumatic / electrical / electronic technology
- Maintain accurate As-Built drawing package and make changes in Visio, Excel, Word, as required
- Responsible for calibration of systems requiring basic electronic test equipment, such as multi-meters, network terminals and/ or a laptop computer
- Implement static (stand-alone) and dynamic (total building interactive network) commissioning of software programming
- Set-up of operator workstations with all associated software
- Responsible for performing job database backups on a daily basis or as advised
- Manage process of turnover to service
- Track and record job progress and keep lead project personnel informed on progress
- Keep project management apprised of concerns and issues
- Complete paperwork on-time including time sheets, expense reports, posting of work orders, on-site documentation and project status reports
- End to end testing, programming, starting up, commissioning, and servicing on assigned projects and accounts.
- Setup the graphical interface and establish network for the control system.
- Custom programming for job-specific applications.
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at customer's location.
- Coordinates with Controls manager, project managers, and customers to precisely understand requirements for all on-site installation and repairs by extensively examining building layouts, updating issues, gathering materials and synchronizing onsite work.
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security and accountability of company issued and procured assets.
- Active Secret or Top-Secret Security Clearance is required
- 3-5 Years of Controls Experience
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must have experience with Niagara N4 & other product lines (i.e. KMC Controls, Honeywell WEBS, Delta, Johnson FX)
- Niagara Certification N4
- Must have good verbal communication skills and customer service skills. Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be willing to work 'off hours' as needed
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled.