Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) -Rancho Cucamonga has an immediate need for an experienced EH&SCoordinator to join our team!
Accountable for maintaining a healthy, safe and productive workplace through the education and training of employees in safe work practices, knowledge of emergency procedures, administration of company safety policies for compliance with health, safety and environmental state and federal regulations. TheEHS Administrator supports operations in the implementation and promotion of proactive safety initiatives with the goals of attaining a Zero Injury Workplace and supporting regulatory compliance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
- Review plans and specifications for new machinery and equipment to make sure they meet safety requirements
- Identify and correct potential hazards by inspecting facilities, machinery, and safety equipment.
- Implement and manage Environmental Health & Safety Inspection Program including: eyewash stations, ladders, hoists, waste accumulation, chemical storage, storm water, Emergency preparation, Contractor Safety Programs, Lock Out/Tag Out Program, and general hazard recognition
- Develop, maintain and modify site specific Health Programs such as Respiratory Protection, Hearing Conservation, Ergonomics, etc.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, and industrial processes
- Investigate accidents, injuries, or occupational diseases to determine their cause and recommend countermeasures to prevent future incidents.
- Planning and implementing safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Create safety awareness with all employees by guiding safety committee and safety initiatives.
- Integrating continuous improvements in safety systems by driving employee engagement to achieve desired results utilizing the safety committee.
- Overseeing and coordinating ergonomics program and efforts to reduce all forms of muscular-skeletal illnesses.
- Recommending process and product safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to physical work hazards.
- Coordinating the administration of workers' compensation return to work program with assistance from Human Resources, including working with the insurance carrier to reduce employee lost time.
- Develop and Conduct training on Safety & Health Programs.
- Ensure personal protective equipment assessments and complete purchases.
- Responsible for knowledge and understanding of EHS regulations and requirements and developing and implementing programs to meet those requirements.
- Prepare and submit company EHS metrics
- Work on/participate in special projects as needed or assigned by Management
- Education: A.A. from an accredited college or university in EHS, Industrial/Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, or Biochemistry
- Working knowledge of CalOSHA Regulations (Title 8).
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Prefer 2+ years of Environmental, Health & Safety experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in EHS, Industrial/Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, or Biochemistry.
- EHS experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Experience working with Safety Programs such as Lockout-Tagout, Industrial Vehicles, Hoisting Equipment, Electrical Safety, Fall Protection, Confined Space, Ergonomics and Industrial Hygiene Programs.
- Background in incident investigations, such as 5-Why, What-If Analysis, 6-sigma, etc.
- Experience in performing Kaizen events.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
Sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and consistent basis without company sponsorship now and in the future.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
It is the policy of CPP Corporation to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity. CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
Company: CPP- Rancho Cucamonga
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position